Engine Died

:cries: :cries:

My 1996 SC300. Put in a new battery last week. Replaced the alternator fuse. Drove it to work yesterday on the way home it lost the power barely getting me through an intersection and to pull over to the curb. Hit the gas pedal several times and it just wouldn't rev up. turned it off and wouldn't restart. Had it taken to my home. Can't afford the dealerhsip this month. Tow Truck driver says it is probably the alternator. Shouldn't cost much but it is a Lexus.

Help

post-24587-1179861859_thumb.jpg

I love my car. took this pic at the Bixby Bridge Big Sur Ca.

:cries: :cries:

My 1996 SC300. Put in a new battery last week. Replaced the alternator fuse. Drove it to work yesterday on the way home it lost the power barely getting me through an intersection and to pull over to the curb. Hit the gas pedal several times and it just wouldn't rev up. turned it off and wouldn't restart. Had it taken to my home. Can't afford the dealerhsip this month. Tow Truck driver says it is probably the alternator. Shouldn't cost much but it is a Lexus.

Help

post-24587-1179861859_thumb.jpg

I love my car. took this pic at the Bixby Bridge Big Sur Ca.

Double check the cables to the battery on both ends, Make sure they are clean and tight. Check the alt wire connections. Is your power steering pump leaking onto the alt ?