Bluetooth - Address Book Transfer

PVGXGuy

I own a 2007 GX470 with the integrate Bluetooth feature. I have been trying, off and on, to get my address book from my blackberry or cellphone to dowload to the Bluetooth address book. Seems that there are no real instructions as to how to get the cellphone or blackberry device to transmit the information to the vehicle-based address book. The phones have no real documentation and the vehicle user manual implies that it just happens after you push a button. Has anyone done this without having to return to the dealer and paying the outrageous $179 fee to get this done? Any help is appreciated

• 4 weeks later...

I own a 2007 GX470 with the integrate Bluetooth feature. I have been trying, off and on, to get my address book from my blackberry or cellphone to dowload to the Bluetooth address book. Seems that there are no real instructions as to how to get the cellphone or blackberry device to transmit the information to the vehicle-based address book. The phones have no real documentation and the vehicle user manual implies that it just happens after you push a button. Has anyone done this without having to return to the dealer and paying the outrageous $179 fee to get this done? Any help is appreciated

I'm also looking for information or a how-to on how to do this.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I also own a 2007 GX470 and I can't even get as far as you've gotten. I can't seem to get the GX470 to recognize my Blackberry 8703e. Can you help with this? I would be so appreciative. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

When you perform the initial pairing of the phone to the Bluetooth hands free system, it will automatically synchronize the address book, however, many phones that include the Treo's, and mostly Verizon phones will not automatically synchronize.

This is no fault of the Lexus system, but it lies in the phone and/or carrier. You can manually enter the contacts via object push on your phone, once they are in...they are in! Also, sometimes the address book will just synchronize by itself as it did for me one day. It's crazy that many Verizon phones don't synchronize, but it's because Verizon is trying to drive customers to become subscribers to other services they offer, such as their picture service. For example, Parrot has a Bluetooth picture frame where you can wirelessly send your camera phone pictures to, however, Verizon phones typically do not work, since they tweeked the Bluetooth by adding a buffer if I am not mistaken. Hope this helps!

• 2 months later...

I have a Katana phone with Sprint service. After a few missteps by me, I was able to successfully move my entire contact list to the Bluetooth system in the vehicle.

I called Sprint customer service for extra help but once it worked, it was very smooth.

You will not be able to transfer from a Blackberry. Blackberry's are blocked from doing this due to all their sales to the US government. The government had them block this feature and they then just did it to all units. I use my wife's Motorola to input the numbers.

I'm also looking for information or a how-to on how to do this.

Thanks!

I to am attempting the same with no sucess, we are in the communications biz so not exactly computer illiterate.

What I do know is your device (cell or Blackberry) must be bluetooth compatable and the option must be enabled in your device, however even after this mine still refuses to accept the data transfer. or allow single entry.

Seems like there should be more detailed instructions somewhere

I Mackay

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I also own a 2007 GX470 and I can't even get as far as you've gotten. I can't seem to get the GX470 to recognize my Blackberry 8703e. Can you help with this? I would be so appreciative. Thanks.

What you need to do is first transfer your address book into a Singular / ATT phone and then from that phone it's a snap to tranfer your address book into your Lexus. It's a 2-step procedure, but it works real well. Good luck

• 5 months later...

I have an AT&T iPhone and the Bluetooth in general synced in seconds the first time, although getting my entire phone book into the system has been unsuccessful so far on my new 08 GX. As far as I now the 07 and the 08 are the same right? If anyone has successfully transfered their iPhone contacts please pass along the process it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

That would also depend on the provider. The first generation Moto Q, assuming thats what you meant by old, through Verizon and Sprint will not transfer. The old Moto Q through Alltel, might work. In order to transfer contacts, the bluetooth profile OPP is required for the phone. This requirement is actually mentioned in the owners manual.

• 4 months later...
According to Lexus' web site, the BB Pearl from AT&T should be able to transfer contacts to the vehicle. However it only transfer the entire/group list not individual contacts. Did you follow the set of instruction from the Lexus Web site?

http://lexusbluetooth.letstalk.com/brands/.../293_05Navi.pdf

not too difficult. Go to bluetooth options on the blackberry. In the car, put the phonebook in "transfer phone book." Back on the blackberry, highlight your car kit, and hit the menu button. It will have a transfer phone book option. You can highlight and select certain categories to transfer, or your entire phone book.

It took me several runs to get it to transfer, so be patient. It tends to drop connection randomly.