Problem With My Is350 Navi Gps

Had a question, my parents had there car for about 2yrs now almost. its a 06 lexus is 350. The gps worked fine up until about a week ago we live in San Jose, CA. 1 morning they got in the car and bam it says there in Watsonville, ca. or palo alto, ca. does anyone know how to reset or set the gps to where we are currently? thanks a bunch.

If the nav gets lost, especially on the early production 2006's, its a problem with the nav system. Lexus will replace the disk with an updated one that resolves the location problem. Note that one drawback to updating is that the "input location will driving" hack doesn't work with the new disk. I had the same problem a couple of months ago and Lexus replaced the disk and it hasn't happened since. I believe there is a technical service bulletin on this.

Changing the region is so you can select destinations in other regions. It has nothing to do with the GPS locating where you are currently at. Your current location should be correct regardless of which region you have selected.

If the nav gets lost, especially on the early production 2006's, its a problem with the nav system. Lexus will replace the disk with an updated one that resolves the location problem. Note that one drawback to updating is that the "input location will driving" hack doesn't work with the new disk. I had the same problem a couple of months ago and Lexus replaced the disk and it hasn't happened since. I believe there is a technical service bulletin on this.

Changing the region is so you can select destinations in other regions. It has nothing to do with the GPS locating where you are currently at. Your current location should be correct regardless of which region you have selected.

Silver is right.. I had this same issue... I took mine to a Lexus of Northborough... after waiting 4 hours in a waiting room... they told me the computer was bad.. and needed to order a new one... after a month went by and it was still on "backorder" I went back in and told them about the service bulletin... went home with a working NAV that day!!

Still trying to find a work around for the inputing when moving... :cries: