If You Are Anti Drl Go To This Site And Express Your Feelings

silvercorvette

Oddly enough, my wife's 07 Mazda 3 does not have them, and I wish it did. I find it strange that a car manufactorer will put in heated seats, traction control, auto rain wipers, tire pressure monitors, 8 air bags, and NO drl? Not to mention, the head lights do not turn off on their own either when you shut down the car and get out, they buzz a warning tone in the car to remind you to turn them off. I thought that was just strange :wacko:

Not to derail this thread, But what about the cars that run around with there fog lights on ? Plus all the cars with aftermarket aux. lighting for show ? When looking in the rear view mirror and there are 6-8 lights on 1 vehicle blinding you :chairshot: Back on topic :cheers:

Once you take a few driving courses in defensive and sport driving you would see the benefit to using the DRL's if not headlights.

Overkill is not even close as it keeps my vehicle more visible on the road compared to a parked car right beside a moving vehicle.

You brain registers the vehicle much fast and can associate the speed and distance better with the lights.

Ever tried to recognize a car in your rear view with only 1 headlight at night.

I agree with SK. I think, personally, my DRLs have helped save me an accident before, especially those careless people. Even though I try to be as defensive as possible, DRLs and headlights HELP me a lot to notice other cars around me, especially if their in my blindspot. :cheers:

i thought of another reason that DRLs are good. I dont know if this is for anyone else, but my insurance statement has an area that asks if the car has DRLs or not. I think it makes insurance cheaper as well! w00t

That depends on the area. Some 4Runner owners added DRLs to save on insurance, but i asked my insurance, and they don't take it to consideration... <_< <_<

As for the motorcyclists, they reap what they sow. I am always so tempted to open my door when I see one of them come flying between two cars in bumper to bumper traffic.:chairshot:

Oh, so you have been to Southern California! :lol:

Those IDIOTS on motorcycles do that out there like there is nothing to it, and it freaks me out! Out there, it is actually legal for a motorcycle to move between the cars, but only during a traffic jam. It was made legal because at the time, most motorcylces were air cooled, and having them sitting in the traffic jam would make them over heat. So they said it was ok if they wanted to wiggle between the lanes. BUT, and I can personally attest to this from last summer's journey up the 5 from Tiajuana back to Newport Beach, those idiots think 80mph IS a traffic jam! Those guys would come screaming up at 100mph+ between me and the car right next to me, inches from our mirrors. There are actual motorcycle dealerships out there that will not sell you a bike if you haven't had proper training, due to the average life expectancy of 32 days for a "newbie". True story... Newport Beach / Laguna is the millionaire's playground. One guy in the office went to buy some Ninja-type 1100 as his first bike, cash in hand, literally. Dealership refused the sale, said it was unethical for them to allow him to buy the bike from thier shop, knowing there was a 90% chance it would kill him by the end of the season.

If you're reading this, and you're one of those guys flying around on your bike out there between cars that are already going 80mph+, clock's tickin' on you.. Nevermind whoever is flying across the border, you gotta' watchout for us Nascar types "tourists" who aren't familiar with the CA driving style, and switch lanes a lot. Basically, here's yer' sign... DOA