What To Do What To Do ? Keep It Or Sell It ? Pics

Ok so I went to a police sale here in Cincinnati last week and bought this sc 400 it need a fuel pump and had been sitting for 3 years so a good bath was in order. after checking everything over and cleaning everything up to my amazement it all works great and the car looks great as well now do i sell it and make a bunch of $ or do I keep it and git rid of those ugly 20" wheels what do you guys think ? with the clean up and fuel pump I still have less then $1,300.00 in the whole thing.

pics are here:

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/gibson36/album...460762402085757

Wow dude. You're a lucky SOB. What year is it? How many miles? If you're a speed freak, you could sell it for a bunch of cash, and the the much more tuneable SC300. You could prolly get some decent cash for the 20s too.

it's a 1993 the guage has 225k on it but i have a hard time beliving that the car has that many miles on it it's in really good shape if it realy has. and the tires are brand new toyo prox t1-s

Yeah I dunno. With those mile you might wanna just fix it up. People tend to take really good care of these cars, so I find it rather believeable. Do a carfax on it, and it will tell you if some odometer stuff was screwy.

The car looks clean but you will never know how good it is until it is gone over by a good mechanic or Lexus. A Lexus dealer will charge $90-110 to give it a full certification check and pull up the service history. I'd change the wheels and enjoy the car if it checks out. You have to watch for PS pump leaks and see if the timing belt and water pump were changed if it has 90,000+ mi on it as that can be an expensive service. At the purchase price you can't go wrong as the parts alone are worth much more. Keeping it just depends whether you will enjoy this car more than the one you are driving...

The car looks clean but you will never know how good it is until it is gone over by a good mechanic or Lexus. A Lexus dealer will charge $90-110 to give it a full certification check and pull up the service history. I'd change the wheels and enjoy the car if it checks out. You have to watch for PS pump leaks and see if the timing belt and water pump were changed if it has 90,000+ mi on it as that can be an expensive service. At the purchase price you can't go wrong as the parts alone are worth much more. Keeping it just depends whether you will enjoy this car more than the one you are driving...

I'll be the first to say I love it but I'm not sure I love it more then the $ I can get out of it :unsure: anyone know if there is a upgrade for the factory phone it works but verizon wont turn it on unless it has a gps tracker in it for 911 ?

That is indeed a score. Personally, I don't care for any automobile with over 200k miles so I would probably sell it for the profit. Advertise it with the wheels still on it (in the pic) though put a clause for how much more you want with wheels included.

First I would run a car fax and see if the mileage is accurate. If you send me the VIN I will run it for you.

Good Buy

That is indeed a score. Personally, I don't care for any automobile with over 200k miles so I would probably sell it for the profit. Advertise it with the wheels still on it (in the pic) though put a clause for how much more you want with wheels included.

First I would run a car fax and see if the mileage is accurate. If you send me the VIN I will run it for you.

Good Buy

[/quo

just ran a car fax and the miles are wrong in 97 it had 60k on it and in 99 it had 187k ? no one in the world could drive it that far in a little less then 2 years at that point it has milege discrepency writn on the car fax . and my title has TMU on it so maybe some one switch the guages ? also i cant figure out how the fog lights turn on am i stupid i cant find a switch?

Fog light switch is on the headlamp/turn signal staulk towards the middle of it. It is very common that the bulbs are simply burnt out.

there is no switch on my staulk anyplace i just checked again ill add a pic here in a bit ? could it be somewhere else ?

post-43757-1179754397_thumb.jpg

post-43757-1179754457_thumb.jpg

Your SC400 is an older model (like mine) that has cornering lights where they later put fogs. At night you'll notice the left one come on with the left blinker to help you see around the corner. i think 1997 is when they change to fogs.