A New Toyo Tire?

Supposedly Toyo has come out with a new V-Rated touring tire. It's called the Versado LX - has anyone heard of it? Their website is claiming that it is in the same catagory as the Michelin MXV4+, and the Turanza's. It sounds like it has some new technology for reducing the wind noise that whistles in the grooves of the tires at highway speeds. I'm returning the Dunlop Direzza's that I just purchased from Discount Tire (problems with 'flat spotting' after sitting overnite) & I will try to let everyone know how it rides.

I just got the new 18" Toyo Versado LX's mounted yesterday & so far (about 100 miles), they are a very nice riding tire, and just as quiet as the 17" Michelin MXV's that were replaced (will keep those on factory rims for use for snow tires).

I will keep posting as the tires wear & let everyone know how they go.

• 5 months later...
I just got the new 18" Toyo Versado LX's mounted yesterday & so far (about 100 miles), they are a very nice riding tire, and just as quiet as the 17" Michelin MXV's that were replaced (will keep those on factory rims for use for snow tires).

Any update yet?

• 1 month later...

After 6 mos. (approx 12K miles), these tires have remained very quiet, smooth & perform very well. I had them rotated every 5K & did not notice any wear. I just took them off for the winter (replaced with the stock 17" rims & Michelin tires), but for the few snow storms that I had them on for, they also handled the snow/ice very well. I would recommend these tires for just about any normal driving conditions. I know that there are some out there that treat their Lexus like a Porsche (and swear that they need ultimate performance tires), but for the 'normal' everyday driver, I don't think that you could go wrong with a set of these.

• 3 months later...

Any update yet?

I'm still kinda new to the dallas area--where'd you purchase your toyo tires?

I purchased the tires and rims through Discount Tire. It looks like from their website that there are several stores in the area. Toyo is not one of Discount Tires 'stock' manufacturers, but they ordered them for me. You can also try the Toyo website & click the 'find a dealer' tab at the top of the page to search by your zip code for local dealers.

I would also recommend shopping around online to see the best price you can find & usually you can get them to pricematch. I just took a look at a few of the online tire shops & the lowest price I found was $164.96 & they go up from there (for my 245/45-18 size).