Cd Changer Error Code 3 On Ls430

highland868

Hi,

My 2001 LS430's CD changer got an error code 3 and all cd disks got jamed inside. I searched and found out that is a mechanical problem. I got a local repair shop quoted me $300 to repair it. My quesions are:

1. Should I repair it or try to buy a new off brand with MP3 player and such?

2. Where can I find instructions for taking the unit out of the dashboard? I don't want to break anything else.

3. Is it possible the unit reset itself and working again if I find a way to get all jamed cd disks out? A while back I had one disk jamed and it worked again once the cd ejected.

Thank you in advance!

What kind of sound system comes in your car? In my '98 I had the stock Lexus system and that had a separate amplifier for the speakers. I had to construct a wiring harness that went from the new head unit to the stock amp location under the seat. I'm guessing you'd prob have to do something similar in your car if you opt for a new head unit. I checked carstereohelp.com but they charge 6 bucks for the stereo removal instructions for the ls430.

What kind of sound system comes in your car? In my '98 I had the stock Lexus system and that had a separate amplifier for the speakers. I had to construct a wiring harness that went from the new head unit to the stock amp location under the seat. I'm guessing you'd prob have to do something similar in your car if you opt for a new head unit. I checked carstereohelp.com but they charge 6 bucks for the stereo removal instructions for the ls430.

Oslo: Thank you for your info. I don't even know what kind of system I have since I couldn't find any instructions to take the unit out. Does any body know if there is a repair book for LS430? I did a googl search and couldn't find any.