Non Cluster Lights Not Turning On

Ok I already know the reason for why my cluster guage doesn't work as the capacitors are faulty and in order to 'temporarily' fix the issue, I turn up cabin heat. Now sometimes the cluster guage won't turn on at night (which I already explained why) BUT I'm also wondering why the shifter/radio/clock/climate control backlight will turn off when the headlights are turned on?

So if the headlights are off and the guagecluster won't light up, IIRC the backlight for the shifter/radio/clock/climate control will turn on but then if I turn on the headlights, all that will shutoff and then once the guage cluster heats up, THEN that backlight turns on. Are these directly related? How is the backlight for shifter/radio/clock/climate control regulated?

remember the dimmer on the cluster? All the lights are controlled by that dimmer and go through the cluster. Sucks i know. I soldered some new capacitors. works perfect now. no flashing. If you need the instructions i kept a copy of the post on my computer.

Um I noticed that there is a page that says the capacitors for the backlight and for the fuel gauge not working when the capacitors are below temps, but what about if the speedometer and tach don't move either? Sometimes even after the car has been warm, the tach and speedometer won't move until some time later, is the cause of this issue once again bad caps?