Sc 300 Power Window Regulator Help

Hello. I'm brand new to the the Lexus owners club. I just recently bought my first lexus. It's a 1993 SC 300 with 91,000 on it. The only problem is that it came with a few problems. The trunk struts are bad so I keep getting hit in the head and the passenger side window regulator is bad. I'm replacing the struts today (one nice day outside to do it too! :) Neways, I don't really want to take it to a shop to replace the regulator so I was wondering if anyone has had any experience in doing this and could possibly help me through the process. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I love my car and I will take it to a shop to have it done right I'm just trying to save the 200 or so from the cost of the repair shop tearing my door apart.

Thanks.

metramm

window regulator is integrated with the motor... it comes together as one piece. its pretty simple to replace. carefully remove the door panel, then peel away the plastic liner covering the door. If you have the new motor/regulator assembly in hand, it should be fairly simple to visualize where things bolt up...

When I purchased the regulator Lexus asked me if I needed the motor assembly with it, and I told them no because the motor is working fine. Do I still need to replace the motor if it is working fine? I was able to purchase just the window regulator the passenger side without the motor attached.

Also, I'm having a bit of a trouble removing the door panel. I can't seem to locate any screws for removing the panel. Is the panel just held on by clips or are the screws hidden behind the trim (like behind the trim of the door handle for instance).

Thanks.

metramm

• 1 year later...
When I purchased the regulator Lexus asked me if I needed the motor assembly with it, and I told them no because the motor is working fine. Do I still need to replace the motor if it is working fine? I was able to purchase just the window regulator the passenger side without the motor attached.

Also, I'm having a bit of a trouble removing the door panel. I can't seem to locate any screws for removing the panel. Is the panel just held on by clips or are the screws hidden behind the trim (like behind the trim of the door handle for instance).

Thanks.

metramm

I'm trying to replace my windown regulator with the motor, not sure how to do it, but I have the door panel door off, there were screws on the bottom, there was also a screw underneath the leather handle. Think the rest were just clips that pulled off.

Thanks.

metramm

metramm, click on the link below for door panel removal.

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/showthread...2171#post802171