Really Nice Floormats...

SW03ES

I don't know if anybody remembers or not, but I replaced my OEM floormats with Lloyd Heavyweight mats about 18 months ago and posted about how pleased I was with the quality.

Well, I just replaced the OEM mats in the Prius with Lloyd Ultimats and again I'm SO impressed with the quality of these mats.

The Heavyweights are VERY thick, the pile is almost an inch deep and they're kind of like sheepskin mats. The Ultimats are thinner, the pile is about 1/2 an inch, but the quality is the same. Hell, having seen the Ultimats now I probably would have just gotten them for the Lexus and spent half as much. They're finished in a really nice matching velour etching and use the OEM mat hooks. Totally custom fit and they look great, much nicer than the OEM Lexus or OEM Toyota mats.

For more info check out www.lloydmats.com

If you want to buy I reccomend www.carbytes.com, they were very helpful (I labored long and hard about color) and they had the best price.

The Heavyweights in the Lexus were just over $200 for a set, the Ultimats were $99 shipped and well worth it. If you're debating between the two, the Ultimats really feel luxurious under your feet, but the Ultimats are great and half the price.

Check out some pics. I labored long and hard over the color, you'll see in the picture of the OEM mats they were really bad after three years (even with regular cleaning) and this color really contrasts well.

post-564-1178751529_thumb.jpg

post-564-1178751537_thumb.jpg

post-564-1178751543_thumb.jpg

i hope they come in another color...lol

they look like the fit snug into the floorplan of the car, nice perfect fit.

i used to keep buying these types of mats, but i bought those plastic ones from lexus. They are pretty good too. I imagine those to be better in the winter, but these seem like a good choice for dry weather. i will look into it when i get a new car.

The Ultimats come in like 40 colors, the Heavyweights in like 15. They're darker than they look in the pictures, they almost look black. Almost a perfect match for the dash and the door trim. I got the idea from the alabaster interior on the LS460. That color is extremely hard to find, #730 Dark Brown II. All the other browns were too !Removed!-ey.

I have the OEM Lexus winter mats for my car and they're nice, but I like the feel of carpet during everything but winter.

The nice thing about good quality floormats like these are, like good quality carpet in your home they actually resist staining and shampoo better.