Overspray

Re-clearcoated my front bumper, but i guess i didn't cover the car enough... There's a dust of overspray covering the car, that won't come off with regular soap etc. The wipers & fluid wouldn't take it off the windshield so i needed to use acetone on that.. I'm not using that on the paint though...

What liquid etc can i use to get it off the rest of the car... i know the next step is buffing with a compound, which i'd rather stay away from if i could...

I can remove it with my nail... it's just a dusting.. Thanks :unsure:

I got the clearcoat from my autobody shop... he game me three containers, one lebeled "clear" one labeled "hardener" and the other "flex" to mix together right before i sprayed. The ratio was determined by the computer.

I wetsanded with 1000 grit and blew off the dust etc. with my air compressor. I masked off everything about 2-3 feet around the bumper... Two coats 30 mins apart did it!

I let it dry over-night and removed the masking tape and newspaper... No one will EVER be able to tell i didn't take the bumper off. Even the masking around the sidemarkers is perfect. The bumper came out great...

I'll try the clay, thanks! Good idea! :)

$30 wasnt that much of a loss for these results <_<

• 3 weeks later...

Something happened with the company online i purchased the clay from, and the transaction never went through...

I thought about it in my head.... $20 for the clay, then i'd have to do all the labor, i'd probably make things worse, $20 for compound, more labor, probably make it worse again, buy a $100 machine to do it, burn through the paint, have to have the car re-painted...

I found a detailer that got rid of the overspray, compounded and polished for $75

works for me! :cheers:

thank guys for your help :blushing:

• 3 weeks later...

Ack! NO NO NO!

NEVER put the Magic Erasers on your paint!!!!!

Magic Erasers work because they are abrasive, they will scratch the hell out of the paint, or any other glossy surface. Magic Erasers are great, but are stricktly to be used on grained plastic & vinyl.

Ack! NO NO NO!

NEVER put the Magic Erasers on your paint!!!!!

Magic Erasers work because they are abrasive, they will scratch the hell out of the paint, or any other glossy surface. Magic Erasers are great, but are stricktly to be used on grained plastic & vinyl.

I still haven't gotten around to buying one of these damn things! I've heard so many good things about it on this forum etc, and keep telling myself to pick one up "next time" i'm at the store; but it never seems to happen.

thanks SW! I wouldn't use it on paint if i felt it was too rough.