Best And Worst Dealership In The Bay Area

Okay, I am sorry if this is a repost but I couldn't use the search button since the minimum is 4 characters...

First question, VOLUMN! Where can I find the biggest Lexus inventory in the bay area, specifically new IS350?

Second question, which dealership most willing to negotiate with price, be it phone, email, or in-person?

Last question, which dealership is the most crappy and should definitly avoid?

Thanks in advance! :)

• 3 months later...
Okay, I am sorry if this is a repost but I couldn't use the search button since the minimum is 4 characters...

First question, VOLUMN! Where can I find the biggest Lexus inventory in the bay area, specifically new IS350?

Second question, which dealership most willing to negotiate with price, be it phone, email, or in-person?

we are on our 9th Lexus...so have had diff experiences w/ dealers...not familiar with dealers like Lexus of Serramonte so cant opine...but Lexus of Marin seems to have attitude...Putnam Lexus is a bit reasonable but occasionally cocky...Lexus of Pleasanton (ask for chris da costa) is extremely pragmatic, incredibly helpful, really straight up and wont jerk you around - and after sales treatment is first class...Stevens Creek Lexus is probably the worst - will cheat you w/out batting an eyelid - must always be on guard and armed w/ ALL the info!

• 9 months later...

I don't know which dealerships to avoid, but I do know of one that I would recommend. I bought my Lexus at Coliseum in Oakland. They did not have my car in stock so they drove one in from SJ. We waited about 2 hours for the car to arrive. As for negotiating, the dealer matched our price. This was a first. My husband and I didn't feel as if we were being hustled. Also a first. I highly recommend this place. Also ask for Jeremy.

I bought my 07 is250 at Stevens Creek Lexus in San Jose. The dealer met my price so I was happy about that. So far they have done all the servicing and I have been happy with that. The front brakes were replaced at no charge by them. I didn't have to ask as they told me they were doing it for the dust problem. This is the first lexus I have owned and am very happy with the car.

Nick

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to tell about my experience at Stevens Creek Lexus in Santa Clara. I purchased my is250 two years ago and have 20,000 miles on it. I have been happy with the car and service. A week ago I posted a question about the front end alignment on it as I found out that the front tires were worn on the inside edges. These were the original Bridgestone Potenza tires. I was told by my service guy that the front end is aligned that way for handling. I thought that was absured about having to have the front aligned every two years. Lexus of Stevens Creek checked and realigned my car under warranty and were glad to make me a happy customer. they even thru in a loaner car. I am very pleased with the service these past two years with them and would recommend the dealership to anyone in the San Francisco Bay Area to check out.

• 1 year later...

I once called Putnam Lexus for a quote on front brake pads replacement cost, and they asked for my Last name (!) before giving quote. Then they quote a very high price to get rid of me. They probably realized I spoke English with an accent.

So, all of my large family would stay away from Putnam Lexus.

• 1 year later...

went to Magnussen's lexus in fremont. they were very helpful and the price was excellent (must negotiate alot)

Agreed, I place Magnussen's Lexus of Fremont at the top of list. Sales and service experiences have been excellent for me. Employee turnover is minimal compared to most car dealerships.

• 1 month later...

Did anybody try to deal with car auctions? Certainly there are some risks but a good opportunity to buy a great car as well.

I know that some companies provide an access to the largest auto auction and have some good comments.

Copart has good reputation. In short if you don't like any lexus dealership you can try to buy a vehicle on the auction but be careful with your car choice.