Hd Hybrid Radio For The Hybrid

Hi,

I posted this on the "other" Lexus site as well. I'm thinking about picking one up this afternoon. Found a local distributor that has them in stock. I'm hoping it will fit well down in front of the center console area near the 12v plug and still get good reception.

Has anyone had any experience with this unit? Looks interesting. Digital CD quality on 1700 stations without a subscription. Portable and inexpensive too ($250 base).

HD Jump

And by the way, it has a built in MP3 jack to hook up and play you're IPOD through your stereo.

Jim

Document Not Found

We're very sorry - the page that you requested cannot be found.

If you typed the URL yourself, please make sure that the spelling is correct.

If you clicked on a link to get here, there may be a problem with the link. Try using your browser's "back" button to return and choose a different link on that page, or use search to find what you are looking for.

We apologize for the inconvenience!

Document Not Found

We're very sorry - the page that you requested cannot be found.

If you typed the URL yourself, please make sure that the spelling is correct.

If you clicked on a link to get here, there may be a problem with the link. Try using your browser's "back" button to return and choose a different link on that page, or use search to find what you are looking for.

We apologize for the inconvenience!

Give it another try... Here's the link: HD Jump

I updated the above link as well...

Well that looks interesting, although technically Californians cannot have any electronic device attached to their windshields with suction cups. Do they have other ways of mounting it? How about visibility? It does look like it blocks some.

Well that looks interesting, although technically Californians cannot have any electronic device attached to their windshields with suction cups. Do they have other ways of mounting it? How about visibility? It does look like it blocks some.

I was thinking in front of the sliding center console down by the floor and the 12v outlet... I don't like stuff on top of the dash either. I think it comes standard with a remote.

Californians cannot have any electronic device attached to their windshields with suction cups.

I found this in a quick search...

See California Vehicle Code Section 26708(a)

"Nothing can be attached to your windshield, except in the center upper-most portion of windshield in an area not greater than the 5" square a CHP Communicating Device or electronic toll device; in the 7" square in the lower corner of windshield farthest removed from the driver; and in the 5" square in the lower corner of the windshield nearest the driver. "

http://www.gpspro.biz/vehiclecodes

No mention suction cups, but it seems pretty strict about where things can be and if it's in the most likely spot (center) it must be somethign the CHP can communicat with...

IMHO the State is over reaching in declaring this to be State interest. I can see keeping visiblity from being obstructed, but there are many places on my windsheild that I could put something like a GPS unit that would not block the view of the road.

Californians cannot have any electronic device attached to their windshields with suction cups.

I found this in a quick search...

See California Vehicle Code Section 26708(a)

"Nothing can be attached to your windshield, except in the center upper-most portion of windshield in an area not greater than the 5" square a CHP Communicating Device or electronic toll device; in the 7" square in the lower corner of windshield farthest removed from the driver; and in the 5" square in the lower corner of the windshield nearest the driver. "

http://www.gpspro.biz/vehiclecodes

No mention suction cups, but it seems pretty strict about where things can be and if it's in the most likely spot (center) it must be somethign the CHP can communicat with...

IMHO the State is over reaching in declaring this to be State interest. I can see keeping visiblity from being obstructed, but there are many places on my windsheild that I could put something like a GPS unit that would not block the view of the road.

I'm more concerned with the size of the A Pillars on many cars. I drove a vehicle for a year that gave me a serious peripheral blind spot on each side of the windshield because the A Pillars were so wide. Not good for seeing pedestrian traffic at crosswalks. The police car I cut off once at a stop sign (I had the stop sign and did stop!) wasn't too pleased with me either. I showed him the size of the pillars and he gave me a pass...

Here's where I saw the "statement":

https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?pID=1347

I, too, believe some "safety" rules are getting out-of-hand. You can have sunglasses in a center console cubby, take a quick turn and have them fall underneath the brake pedal, but you can't have a suction cup-mounted device? What's next? <_<

I, too, believe some "safety" rules are getting out-of-hand. You can have sunglasses in a center console cubby, take a quick turn and have them fall underneath the brake pedal, but you can't have a suction cup-mounted device? What's next? <_<

Garmin's discliamer is clearly aimed at reducing their liabilty for any damages (fines) that their CA and MN customers may incur by mounting the GPS on the windshield. Which is understandable, but is incorrect regarding suction cups given the CA code as written. However, one is subject to fines for improper placement.

The 5" square area on lower drivers side seems to be the only "legal" spot, but I could make a case for the lower center (at least on the RX) since you would only be blocking your view of the top of the dash... which meets the "spirit and intent" of the law.

Lucky for me, my GPS screen is built in ;)

Holy cow! Does this mean no suction-cup mounted radar detectors either?

Tom

Garmin's discliamer is clearly aimed at reducing their liabilty for any damages (fines) that their CA and MN customers may incur by mounting the GPS on the windshield. Which is understandable, but is incorrect regarding suction cups given the CA code as written. However, one is subject to fines for improper placement.

The 5" square area on lower drivers side seems to be the only "legal" spot, but I could make a case for the lower center (at least on the RX) since you would only be blocking your view of the top of the dash... which meets the "spirit and intent" of the law.

Lucky for me, my GPS screen is built in ;)

My GPS is built-in as well. I found that disclaimer when looking for accessories for my Dad's Garmin Nuvi 660. By the way, it is a nice unit, but not quite as nice as our system.

Holy cow! Does this mean no suction-cup mounted radar detectors either?

Tom

Apparently, you can mount it in the upper center area of your windshield. I still think that it is highly unlikely that the police will stop you if your electronic device is not within a 5-inch square area. (another silly law)