Switch On Wood Dash 2003 Ultra

t's ls430

I accidentally pushed the Height adjustment switch in through the wood on my Ultra. Does anyone know how to remove that small section of the wood dash so I can put the switch back into place? Or should I take it to the dealer?

I accidentally pushed the Height adjustment switch in through the wood on my Ultra. Does anyone know how to remove that small section of the wood dash so I can put the switch back into place? Or should I take it to the dealer?

Stop getting mad at your car!

Maybe someone else will chime in here, but in my experience any time you need to get into the center console of a Lexus. Toyota or even Honda/Acura requires removing an amazing amount of stuff. If I were you I would look for a radio install guide for your car and I'll bet that the removal instructions will be included in that.

Stop getting mad at your car!

Maybe someone else will chime in here, but in my experience any time you need to get into the center console of a Lexus. Toyota or even Honda/Acura requires removing an amazing amount of stuff. If I were you I would look for a radio install guide for your car and I'll bet that the removal instructions will be included in that.

Actually, my radar detector fell off the windshield, hit the switch and pushed it through! at least it didn't crack the wood!

If it's that bottom horizontal wood section that is longer than it is high, it's pretty easy to pop out. I think that's where the switch is that you're referring to. If so, open the little pop-out drawer. You can then get your fingers in underneath the open drawer and pull on that panel, which just snaps into place. If it's the panel to the left of the pop-out drawer (above the one I'm referring to), I believe you'll have to use a phillips head screw driver to remove it. Mine only has one button there, but I believe that the Ultra has a row of several, including the rear sun shade and suspension settings.

Those panels are easy to remove, though. I removed everything up to the CD changer once because I had a rattle in the dash. I was successfully able to fix it by putting some insulation back there behind the changer.

Good luck!

I don't know about the LS, but removing the console on my ES is extremely simple and doesn't require removing anything other than the center peice...

Google car audio installation instructions. There's a site that sells tutorials on how to disassemble the dash and console of lots of cars.

It's all in here in the writeup for my bluetooth install. Download part 2 it's on page 9.

Make sure you label all the connectors if you have to disconnect the piece next to the drawer; they all look alike!