New Hybrid For Me

most of these vehicles came fully loaded when we bought them, many of us were on waiting lists, so about the only choice was color and whether you needed towing and or the rear seat entertainment system. how are you finding the cars optioned on the lots at this time?

most of these vehicles came fully loaded when we bought them, many of us were on waiting lists, so about the only choice was color and whether you needed towing and or the rear seat entertainment system. how are you finding the cars optioned on the lots at this time?

I'll have to get back to you on this; the salesperson is trying to get me to make a committment and I'm saying: "That's okay, I can wait." I need to get a quote from him before I will put myself on his waiting list. :whistles:

Costco discount is $1500 off MSRP. We just picked up our RX 400h today and was able to get a better deal without the Costco incentive.

I paid $500 over invoice for an RX400h AWD with navi and up graded stereo - MSRP was $51346 plus tax, title and licence. I paid $50,000 out the door.

Probably could have done a little better, but I was happy at that.

The available Michlens are shown here

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/surveyresult...;speed_rating=Y

The Pilot HX MXM4 is a crappy tire according to this chart. This is the OEM tire some of the folks here are sporting. Seems to get better MPG than the Goodyear, tho.... (rolling resistance???)

The other Michlen is the Michelin Energy MXV4 S8 which is $45 cheaper than the OEM (less techinical compound???) and is 10 pts better than the OEM (% rank in Grand Touring catagory is 76% as opposed to 66% for the OEM)

This is probably the tire for you (except for the rolling resistance issue???). But as compared to the BF Goodrich which is at 96% of its catagory (Highway all season), the Michlen falls way short of the mark .

It should be noted, in case it was not obvious, that whenever I was referring to the BF Goodrich tires, what I really ment was the Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenza

After vistiting the Michlen website, I also have to correct myself above regarding the differences between the two Michlen offerings.

The Energy MXV4 S8 is the Lexus OEM tire, the the other is OEM on the Acura. It is the Energy MXV4 S8 that lays claim to low rolling resistance. And it cheaper. Looks like a win/win for those more interested in MPG than handling and steering response.

Here are the tech specs from each of the tires listing:

Pilot HX MXM4 P235/55R18 99V RRBL 34331 6.5 - 8.5 9.3 on 7 28.5 9.5 731 1709@44 ACura

Energy MXV4 S8 P235/55R18 99V RRBL 82783 6.5 - 8.5 9.5 on 7.5 28.3 9 736 1709@35 Lexus

BTW, if I had an Acura, I would definitly "upgrade" to the less expensive, better performing, better fuel efficient tire by gettiing the Energy MXV4 S8. It's a no brainer.

Regarding tire comparisons for the RX400h, see

Not all of these tires are available in the stock RX400h size, but I thnink you'll agree that when it comes time to replace the quick-wearing OEM mMichelins or Goodyears, the Bridgestone Alenzas are right there on top. I have them and highly recommend them.

Regarding tire comparisons for the RX400h, see

Not all of these tires are available in the stock RX400h size, but I thnink you'll agree that when it comes time to replace the quick-wearing OEM mMichelins or Goodyears, the Bridgestone Alenzas are right there on top. I have them and highly recommend them.

Within the Truck tire Highway all season catagory they cannot be beat, here is another view of how they compare to the OEM tires

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/CompareTires...mp;startIndex=0

Staying in the Passanger car Grand Touring catagory, but going outside our stock tire size to the 255/55 there is a Goodyear that has been getting rave reviews...

Here is how my Goodyears place in the ranking of Passenger car High Preformance All Season... basically they suck.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/surveyresult...8&type=HPAS

Sky,

That last link doesn't work.

To our substantial regret, an unexpected error has occurred on our web server. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

You gotta love their style.

Here is another interesting comparison of tires for the 400h. It puts the Bridgstone up against the Goodyear and the Hankook.

http://www.1010tires.com/tirecompare.asp?p...&prevpage=1

The link does not contain the advance search info so it only seems to work as long as I have the window up on my computer... strange.

Here's a screen shot of what I wanted to show. But I've just about given up on finding the Hankook tire anywhere.

post-17497-1180325994_thumb.jpg

I'll have to get back to you on this; the salesperson is trying to get me to make a committment and I'm saying: "That's okay, I can wait." I need to get a quote from him before I will put myself on his waiting list.:whistles:

I read here where a couple of folks said they got their 400h-es for $46,600.00. When I mentioned that number to one of the salesmen he practically threw himself onto the floor to weep. The second one has instructed me to go buy my car elsewhere. And both told me I was simply wasting their valuable time. Here I stand with cash in hand and I am wasting their time in trying to negotiate a good price for myself? Is this the Lexus way?

There were and still are dozens of cars in the dealers lot where I got my car at a very good price. If you want to fly out to NY let me know and I will help you out. They have a big color selection and a wide range of options

You think perhaps they would not spurn my $46,600.00 in cash in New York City?

I am 45 mile east of the city near MacArthur airport. I would offer to pick you up and drive you to the dealer but I planned on driving to TX on May 24 and am behind schedule an will probably drive nto TX on June 3. The salesman's name is Walter Marion

631-360-3200 ext 147

wmaron@lexusofsmithtown.com

I am 45 mile east of the city near MacArthur airport. I would offer to pick you up and drive you to the dealer but I planned on driving to TX on May 24 and am behind schedule an will probably drive nto TX on June 3. The salesman's name is Walter Marion

631-360-3200 ext 147

This is such a great forum. B) I'm very glad I found it; wouldn't it be great if the dealers were participating?

631-360-3200 ext 147

This is such a great forum. B) I'm very glad I found it; wouldn't it be great if the dealers were participating?

Let me turn that into a question: Anybody think it would be a good thing if some dealers/salespeople particitpated in this forum?

631-360-3200 ext 147

Let me turn that into a question: Anybody think it would be a good thing if some dealers/salespeople particitpated in this forum?

Hmmm... Possibly a double edge sword. We could get some good inside information or hints about what Lexus has up its sleeve for new models etc... The negative could be what I've experienced in the past on another forum where dealers/salespeople participated. The participants had a tendency to be subjective and smooth over conversations/postings that contained negative connotations about the brand. I think we as participating owners in these forums, are committed to the brand, just as the dealers/salespeople are. But they come to the table with a different set of motivations and perspective...

I vote to allow the dealers mechanics participate. They have the kind of real world perspective on the Lexus brand that could add significant value to our conversations.

Jim