Cupholder In '92 Sc400

rcrdc

Does anyone know how to install the cupholder that Lexus sells for the SC400 into a '92 SC400? The slot is in the dash with what looks like a removeable plate at the rear. It does not readily pop out. The cupholder has four pronged one way clamps that are designed to pierce the rear wall of the cupholder slot.

Thanks!

DO NOT KNOW. BUT I AM GOING TO THE LEXUS DEALER NEAR ME TOMORROW. IF I REMEMBER, I WILL ASK THE PARTS MANAGER WHAT IT COSTS.

YOU COULD TRY TO FIND ONE ON E-BAY. ACTUALLY I NEVER USE MINE BECAUSE THE FLIP DOWN HOLDER WILL NOT HOLD ANYTHING BUT A 12 OZ. SODA CAN OR SMALL COFFEE CUP. ALL THE CONTAINERS YOU BUY TODAY :P ARE TO LARGE FOR ANY OF THE CUP HOLDERS IN AN SC OR IT SEEMS THAT WAY TO ME. :huh:

When I bought my SC300 the pop out cupholder was missing a screw, so it wouldn't work well at all and the dealership I got it from wouldn't fix it for free even though it was already broken when I bought it from them.

Anyway I asked how much it would cost to get the missing screw. They told me that I couldn't just get the screw I would have to buy a completely new cupholder- so I'm like "Ok, how much could a lil cup holder cost" Well apparently a lot, yeah $150 a lot-for a stupid cup holder, I was like wow this is bullcrap, no way am I payin $150 for a cupholder (you know how many BFI's i could make with that money!)

Long story short, I got on the internet a few months ago and found a Lexus cup holder on Ebay for 30 bucks- yeah that's $120 less than getting it strait from Lexus.

SO DON'T THINK THAT PAYING LEXUS $150 IS THE ONLY WAY TO GET A CUP HOLDER-FIGHT BACK-GO TO EBAY!!

Hope that helps ya!

The cup holder costs about $30-40. You can find them on ebay and the internet. Installing the item is very simple... if you can get the back plate piece out. If your car came without one, it most likely has a little plastic piece in the hole. Getting that out is the problem. I got scared I might break the whole plastic surround so I had to disassemble the center console. I was fixing the stereo and climate control so I was in there anyway. They are pretty secure in there, so I recommend this approach. Once out, the cupholder just clips right in. Not much use as its pretty damn small and flimsy, but it is a novelty item, fixes up that ugly hole and keeps your passenger enthralled for a good minute or so. :)

YEAH, MY 10 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER THINKS THE FOLD-DOWN CUP HOLD IS COOL. BUT EVEN SHE WONDERS WHAT IT CAN ACTUALLY HOLD.

YOU WOULD THINK LEXUS ENGINEERS WOULD BE MORE PRACTICAL THAN THAT. OH WELL, IT'S ONLY A SMALL PRCIE TO PAY TO DRIVE AN SC.