Sirius In An Is

I'm considering buying an IS 250 and would like to have a Sirius radio installed by the dealer. I know that Lexus only offers XM as an option, but I was wondering if a Sirius radio made for a Toyota (where Sirius IS an option) would work properly if installed in a Lexus. I would think that both the XM and Sirius units for the Toyota must be the same size/shape and use similar connectors in order to integrate into the factory radio. Is the Lexus factory radio similar enough to the Toyota to be compatible? I definitely don't want to go aftermarket unless I have to.

I'm considering buying an IS 250 and would like to have a Sirius radio installed by the dealer. I know that Lexus only offers XM as an option, but I was wondering if a Sirius radio made for a Toyota (where Sirius IS an option) would work properly if installed in a Lexus. I would think that both the XM and Sirius units for the Toyota must be the same size/shape and use similar connectors in order to integrate into the factory radio. Is the Lexus factory radio similar enough to the Toyota to be compatible? I definitely don't want to go aftermarket unless I have to.

The Lexus dealer installed my XM unit after I took delivery of the car. They used the pinout located in the trunk to connect to the exisitng shark fin antenna and radio. I imagine the pinout is industry standard for either Sat provider, and would probably even work for an aftermarket unit. If the dealer is installing it, they would know.

Actually you're in luck. Lexus just released the Sirius radio for the 2007 IS and ES.

Enjoy.

Actually you're in luck. Lexus just released the Sirius radio for the 2007 IS and ES.

Enjoy.

I have been waiting since February 2006 for Lexus to realease the radios for the IS models. I already left Sirius and Lexus a voicmail and e-mail asking about the radios so we shall see what they say this time. When did Lexus announce this?

Enjoy.

I have been waiting since February 2006 for Lexus to realease the radios for the IS models. I already left Sirius and Lexus a voicmail and e-mail asking about the radios so we shall see what they say this time. When did Lexus announce this?

I just ordered the new Sirius unit from the dealer for $299.00 and it arrived yesterday. Didn't come with any instructions though (just a note saying to contact dealer to have them print a copy from the Toyota Information System.)

I should have it installed by the end of the week and I'll let you know how it works.

Enjoy.

I just ordered the new Sirius unit from the dealer for $299.00 and it arrived yesterday. Didn't come with any instructions though (just a note saying to contact dealer to have them print a copy from the Toyota Information System.)

I should have it installed by the end of the week and I'll let you know how it works.

Is it a head unit or add on device? Specifics please. Thanks!

Enjoy.

It's a kit. I finally got the instructions yesterday and they suggest installing the brain under the driver's seat (requires cutting a small square of carpet) and installing the antenna next to the rear view mirror on the inside of the windshield. I'd have preferred an external mounted antenna, but we'll see how it turns out. The included cable just plugs into the XM port on the back of the oem NAV head unit. Here are a couple of pictures of the kit. I'll post pics of the on screen interface once it's installed.

Hope they show up!

kit

antenna

Enjoy.

It's a kit. I finally got the instructions yesterday and they suggest installing the brain under the driver's seat (requires cutting a small square of carpet) and installing the antenna next to the rear view mirror on the inside of the windshield. I'd have preferred an external mounted antenna, but we'll see how it turns out. The included cable just plugs into the XM port on the back of the oem NAV head unit. Here are a couple of pictures of the kit. I'll post pics of the on screen interface once it's installed.

Hope they show up!

kit

antenna

WOW!! I am extremely disappointed in the whole thing! They really could have made it better. I do have to say that I expected it to all hookup to the shark fin. Very, disappointing. How bad does that antenna look on the windshield??? It looks pretty big in your pictures and would bother the hell out of me. I feel I am better off with the Vais Unit that I had installed as opposed to what Lexus and Sirius developed. I still didn't use the shark fin, but the antenna is very small and unseen for the most part on my rear deck.

To each his own I guess.......

Enjoy.

Hope they show up!

kit

antenna

Couldn't see the pix. But my wife just had XM put into her Honda Odyessy "XM Ready Car" - which is a totally stupid term for Honda to use - since it just means there is a switch on the radio. The antenna sticky mounted to the windshield - I will tell you I am disappointed with the performance of the antenna - she drive thru a wooded road the the signal drops in and out. I drive the same route (XM also) with the 250 and the shark fin and have no lose of signal