94 Es300 To 97 Bumper Conversion

I am new here. I bought my car for $500 because it wasn't running. The person that owned the vehicle before me had the cam crack on him so he put a new motor in with new timing belt and water pump. He couldn't ever get it to run right. I got it running good now, after replacing the cam angle sensor and the timing belt crank puley was missing a few timing marks, but my es300 needs a new front bumper. I was about to order one, but would like to convert to the 97-99 style front bumper. I tried to search, but couldn't find any answers. Has anyone done it, and how involved was it? I am mechanically inclined and my family owns a body shop. I just don't want to waste too much money if it's going to be too much. From the looks of it it doesn't seem like it would be, but I've started other projects thinking it wouldn't be much work , and ended up being way too involved to be worth it.

I was also wondering if anyone knows what the orange oil light indicates. I bought an obd2 daignostics module, but it only will clear the fault. I recently changed the oil, but no matter how many times I clear it it comes back.

Time to relax now. Just got done changing the rack and pinon along with both front lower baljoints and both upper O2 sensors.

I appreciate any help I can get with this.

Thanks,

Jeremy

• 16 years later...
On 4/25/2007 at 7:19 PM, tweeaks said:

I am new here. I bought my car for $500 because it wasn't running. The person that owned the vehicle before me had the cam crack on him so he put a new motor in with new timing belt and water pump. He couldn't ever get it to run right. I got it running good now, after replacing the cam angle sensor and the timing belt crank puley was missing a few timing marks, but my es300 needs a new front bumper. I was about to order one, but would like to convert to the 97-99 style front bumper. I tried to search, but couldn't find any answers. Has anyone done it, and how involved was it? I am mechanically inclined and my family owns a body shop. I just don't want to waste too much money if it's going to be too much. From the looks of it it doesn't seem like it would be, but I've started other projects thinking it wouldn't be much work , and ended up being way too involved to be worth it.

I was also wondering if anyone knows what the orange oil light indicates. I bought an obd2 daignostics module, but it only will clear the fault. I recently changed the oil, but no matter how many times I clear it it comes back.

Time to relax now. Just got done changing the rack and pinon along with both front lower baljoints and both upper O2 sensors.

I appreciate any help I can get with this.

Thanks,

Jeremy

Idk how old this post is or if I’ll ever receive any answer back, but what rack and pinion did you go with? I’m going to replace mine and have been weary of the brands I’ve seen. I’m also curious if the 97 bumper worked or not.