Es300 Iac Valve Idle Adjust

Hi All;

My car is 97 ES300. In the process of cleaning the IAC valve, I disassembled the electronic coil part from the IAC body, when reassemble, I noticed the valve window (opening) has changed (larger), and the initial engine startup idle raise to 1500-2000 (cool engine). When it warned up, engine idle at 900 instead of 700.

I have bleech out air in cooling system and driven the car a few days but the idle still high. I know the ECM was programmed to control/set idle to 700, therefore no manual idle adjust on the throtle body.

My question is,

1. How to reset the IAC valve window? (My IAC window now open 0.050").

2. On the IAC body, there is a small screw that was sealed up and can be turned with a small allen wrench. Is this the IAC window adjust screw? If so, how to reset the window?

Thank you for helping.

Hi All;

My car is 97 ES300. In the process of cleaning the IAC valve, I disassembled the electronic coil part from the IAC body, when reassemble, I noticed the valve window (opening) has changed (larger), and the initial engine startup idle raise to 1500-2000 (cool engine). When it warned up, engine idle at 900 instead of 700.

I have bleech out air in cooling system and driven the car a few days but the idle still high. I know the ECM was programmed to control/set idle to 700, therefore no manual idle adjust on the throtle body.

My question is,

2. On the IAC body, there is a small screw that was sealed up and can be turned with a small allen wrench. Is this the IAC window adjust screw? If so, how to reset the window?

Thank you for helping.

Hi, I was looking for information on how to clean the idle control valve, and found your post. I can see two screws on the side of the icv, but it seems that there are four more screws under it... Can you please help me with a few hints ? If you want you can also email me at ftmail@yahoo.com or call me at 561-212-2739 since I need to do some work on my ES300 and maybe we can learn from each other's mistakes...

I have replaced the O2 sensor a few months ago, and everything was ok except that about once a month, the engine starts but it can not keep idle and immediattly dies unless I keep my right foot on the gas pedal.

Hi All;

My question is,

Thank you for helping.