New With The Sc400 And Clueless

So i just purchased my 95 sc400 for 5000 from this old guy in hawaii, everyone raves about the power but it doesnt feel that powerful, i just sold my s2000 to pick up something more affordable and theres a problem, theres 129,xxx miles on it, and theres a power steering leak, dont know if its comming from the pump or the hoses i read its a common problem but do people replace the hoses or the pump, when is the transmission supposed to be rebuilt? and alternator replaced? i believe the former owner didnt take good care of the engine at all though the exterior is in immaculate condition. any help would be appreciated, glad to join the lexus owners club too

I just bought my 95, it has 120K on it and it costed me 7200. It seem like you got a pretty good deal. Powersteering leak is pretty common, just fix it asap so it doesnt kill your alternator. I would rebuilt the engine and tranny accordingly. The engine I heard should last over 200k+ if the owner took care of it. Is your tranny doing something funny when you drive it?

I just bought my 95, it has 120K on it and it costed me 7200. It seem like you got a pretty good deal. Powersteering leak is pretty common, just fix it asap so it doesnt kill your alternator. I would rebuilt the engine and tranny accordingly. The engine I heard should last over 200k+ if the owner took care of it. Is your tranny doing something funny when you drive it?

You are on track. my alt got soaked and survived, knock. knock. My power steering replaced by lexus. Now perfect. Hoses, pump,everything.1316. Engine and tranny should be fine. This engine is a workhorse. Get new timing belt if not done. Your `95 should haul !Removed! mine does, original timing belt and all... Drain your oil and go to Mobile 1 5W-30 and a good filter immediately. Believe me, you will immediately feel it. this engine has 32 Valves just to start. Good Lubrication.....

well the car makes a clinking noise by where the shifter is (mine is an automaic) when i accel and when i let go of the gas it kinda stops thats the only noise i hear. i think i can change the ps pump by myself it sounds and looks simple, im pretty sure the previous owner didnt use synthetic for the engine, and filter i heard something like i gotta get the 20004 one? does lexus sell that one?

rofl, than you can help me too xD. do you think instead of the ps pump being changed it might be the rack and pinion? my brother told me something like that tried looking at the hoses and it doesnt look like they're leaking cuz i have a massive leak now every 2-3 days i gotta fill it up. i'll try take some pictures and post it up on my day off.

there are so many hoses on this p/s system my brother's leaks everywhere! i rebuilt his pump to save his alternator so thats ok but the hoses that have hardened around the metal pipes leak and he fills up probably once or twice a month. but yea post pics of where you think the leaks are!