Blown Sub

Does anyone know what ohm the factory sub is? Writing is all blurred on back of speaker. Have been to several audio places some say 2ohm and some say 4 ohm. Haven't found anyone who seems to know for sure.

Thanks

well i would recommend 4ohm free air if your replacing the stock woofer.my guess is 4 ohm but also dont know for sure but i know 4ohm will be fine.

dont forget it has to be free air though.a regular woofer wont do anything because it cant handle a trunk as a box.also you might need a new amp to push it because the factory one is very low watts.

if you dont want to get a new amp then just get a very low watt good free air woofer and it should sound good.

I am pretty sure it's a 4 ohm and even if it was 2ohm, replacing it with a 4ohm would not reduce sound quality all that much.

I'd have to say the most important part is an aftermarket amp, cuz like the other guy said, factory amp is weak.

I replaced my stock sub with a sony XPlod and it made absolutely no difference until I got al AMP to it.

Then my sounds turned out to be AWESOME (except it keeps hitting the third brake light)

Thanks for the info. Have never changed a amp before. Should i change the factory or are you talking about adding a extra amp just for the sub? Where is the factory amp located? Will any aftermarket amp work ? Did you use a 8" or a larger sub. Any info you can offer will be greatly apperciated.

Thanks

Michael

i would just get a amp just for the sub and leave the existing amp alone.

theres plenty of good amps out there made just for subs so thats your best bet.

also i think you can fit a 10 inch woofer but not totally sure.just make sure its a free air speaker for the best bass without a box!

as for 4ohm reducing sound i dont think so at all.if im not mistaken 2ohm is harder to push then 4ohm but i might have that backwards but either way it dont matter much.