Dire Need Of Help

Hey everyone I am so depressed now a days. My car knowledge is pretty basic but I am really trying to know everything there is about my V8 Soarer. Left my car undriven for only a couple of days now the Catalytic Converter overheat symbol comes on and I press down the pedal and I have absolutely no accerlation....I mean I floor the thing and I'm only going 60km/h and climbing very very slowly I also smell a faint burning odour this can't be good. Not cool at all...can't take her on the highway cause I can't get her to go fast enough...this has just happened out of the blue....can anyone help me...?

In Mississauga Ontario. 91 Toyota soarer v8 with the digital display. The icon for the Catalytic Converter is a box with wavy lines over it. Is this a serious problem...well it seems serious since my car can't drive properly. Please tell me this is just a computer tweek.

post-33845-1176555399_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

My computers been down for awhile but i did get the problem fixed. It was a coil wire that needed replacement. Too bad I didn't pay attention in shop class or I could of saved about $200 bucks. Geez what a rip!!