Handsfree With Moto Razr V3i

akhawaja

I used to get into my car with my old phone Moto Razr V3 and it used to connect with the car bluetooth handsfree in seconds with no problems. I have bought a new phone which is the same but instead of Moto Razr V3 i bought Moto Razr V3i. It's doesn't seem to connect automatically and i have done so many things to try it. it does connect when I try to connect manually going thru all the settings/register etc. any reason anybody can think of?

post-36828-1176368484_thumb.jpg

I used to get into my car with my old phone Moto Razr V3 and it used to connect with the car bluetooth handsfree in seconds with no problems. I have bought a new phone which is the same but instead of Moto Razr V3 i bought Moto Razr V3i. It's doesn't seem to connect automatically and i have done so many things to try it. it does connect when I try to connect manually going thru all the settings/register etc. any reason anybody can think of?

I had the same problem only to find out that the phone I bought online was not manufactured for use in the US. I found this out by calling Motorola who checked the warrantee. Once I exchanged the phone I have had no problems.

Delete the old phone from the list, its still the primary phone.

You can pair up to like 5 phones and select which one is primary in the phone menu. If the phone is not primary, it will not pair automatically.

Delete the old phone from the list, its still the primary phone.

You can pair up to like 5 phones and select which one is primary in the phone menu. If the phone is not primary, it will not pair automatically.

I did delete all phones and thats the ONLY phone I see. I did pair up with it and connects perfectly BUT.... every new time i get into my car, it doesn't recognizes it. and after a while it says "bluetooth connection failed" i would have to stop the car and connect it manually (althought it is set to autoconnect) and then it just connects fine :( it might the warranty issue and someone has mentioned above, but exchanging a phone in Saudi Arabia is as good as loosing a phone!! and your money!! their warranty is veeeeeeeeeeeery funny indeed!

Akhawaja, when you say you try to connect manually, are you attempting this connection on the cellphone or on the Lexus?

The following may or may not help. Since I don't know what options you have turned "on" or "off" on your cell phone consider this as kind of a checklist.

I have a Motorola Razr 3m (not sure what the difference is between the "i" and the "m" except possibly which carrier its designed for.)

The dealer paired my phone with the ES for me before I left so the phone automatically connects.

However I changed the setting on my cellphone so that I manually have to connect the phone to the Lexus each time. I have set up Bluetooth on my cell phone with 'power=off'. This extends the life of my cellphone battery. Each time I get in the car, I 'temporarily set bluetooth power=on" and the phone and the Lexus find each other.

If you want the phone to automatically connect with the Lexus each time you get in, you can set bluetooth power=on 'permanently'. On my Razr you can do this under "Settings and Tools", select "Connections", select "Bluetooth", select "Setup", change Power=On.

I have it set for OFF. When I get in my car, on the Razr, I go to "Connections", select "Bluetooth" and then select "Handsfree". It shows me Bluetooth power is Off and asks me if I want to temporarily turn it on. I select Yes. As I mentioned earlier, this is to reduce battery usage so I don't have to charge as often.

The only other possibilty is that you use other bluetooth devices with your cellphone, like a wireless bluetooth headset. According to my Razr's manual, you can only connect the phone to one bluetooth device at a time, ... so you have to make sure the connection to the wireless headset has been disconnected before your phone is willing to connect to the Lexus. Simply powering off your wireless bluetooth headset may not cause your cellphone's bluetooth to disconnect completely right away. The cellphone may think it has temporarily loss its connection to the headset and the phone may attempt to reconnect. After a length of time of being unable to reconnect, it would finally shut down its connection. If you shutdown your wireless headset just as you approach or get in your car, the cellphone may be still attempting to re-connect to your wireless headset. (This is an educated guess on this because I just got a bluetooth headset as a gift and having tried using it yet or testing out this 'theory'.)

hoping this helps.

• 6 months later...

Hi akhawaja,

Did you find a solution to this problem? I am having the same problem with my IS 350? What did you do to resolve it?

Thanks so much!

--Speed

We had similar problems getting hooked up on our new ES350. My wife's old Samsung was not even Bluetooth capable, so we trekked into ATT, told them what we were trying to do, and bought a new Samsung cell that was supposed to work. It didn't unless you manually paired them up every time you got into the car.....not acceptable. Back to ATT and after much Teching around, they figured out that the new Samsung phone did not have the necessary "discoverable" technology.

My V3 Razr is Bluetooth capable but also will not automatically sync with the car. We ended up buying a V3xx Razr that works like a charm. She's happy, I'm happy, and Att got more money. How can you beat a deal like this?

Rick

We had similar problems getting hooked up on our new ES350. My wife's old Samsung was not even Bluetooth capable, so we trekked into ATT, told them what we were trying to do, and bought a new Samsung cell that was supposed to work. It didn't unless you manually paired them up every time you got into the car.....not acceptable. Back to ATT and after much Teching around, they figured out that the new Samsung phone did not have the necessary "discoverable" technology.

My V3 Razr is Bluetooth capable but also will not automatically sync with the car. We ended up buying a V3xx Razr that works like a charm. She's happy, I'm happy, and Att got more money. How can you beat a deal like this?

Rick

It seems like some have been able to get the Razr v3i working properly - I'm guessing it's the phone...and not the car that is the problem...

Rick- Was the samsung that you originally bought on the lexus approved list? I'm thinking of getting one also and haven't decided on which phone to try first.

Bigwong

To be honest, I was not aware of an "Approved List". I'd bet that the first Samsung that they sold us was not on the list. They had an upgraded Samsung that would work, but the Rep said that there were numerous problems with that particular phone. We went with the Motorola for better reliability.

Rick

Rick

It seems like some have been able to get the Razr v3i working properly - I'm guessing it's the phone...and not the car that is the problem...

I agree. The Lexus worked perfectly. The individual phones were the problem, but it is all solved now.

Rick

I plan on getting a new phone soon but don't really like motorola, my experience has been the battery life after the first year is abysmal. Samsungs have been pretty good for me for the last 4-5 years (2 different models, ~2 years apiece) so I'd prefer to stick with them. I'm with AT&T and have the non-navigation bluetooth in the car.

bigwong

I plan on getting a new phone soon but don't really like motorola, my experience has been the battery life after the first year is abysmal. Samsungs have been pretty good for me for the last 4-5 years (2 different models, ~2 years apiece) so I'd prefer to stick with them. I'm with AT&T and have the non-navigation bluetooth in the car.

bigwong

I used to have Moto v3, which I still do. I loved this phone so much that i bought it again but this time Moto razr v3i which just has an additional memory chip and iTunes like iPod type of feature. v3 connect automatically and prefectly well, it's just v3i which doesn't! oh well... time to get a new phone or switch back. Although in the lexus.com phone list and it's documentation it clearly says that v3i would connect automatically. I guess it's the phone not my ES beauty!