Opinion Requested

hey guys

I have a friend who owns a 1998 lexus GT SC400. I could probably buy it from him for a good price. I'd like to get it for my father. Are these cars any good compared to my gorgeous 2000 lexus Es300? Are they as reliable etc?

Cheers

Stephen

My guess would be that your dad would perfer an LS a lot more than an SC with only two doors.

As a matter of fact my bet would be that an SC is YOUR choice, not his.

hey guys

I have a friend who owns a 1998 lexus GT SC400. I could probably buy it from him for a good price. I'd like to get it for my father. Are these cars any good compared to my gorgeous 2000 lexus Es300? Are they as reliable etc?

Cheers

Stephen

My guess would be that your dad would perfer an LS a lot more than an SC with only two doors.

As a matter of fact my bet would be that an SC is YOUR choice, not his.

I actually prefer the ES, and you're correct, so would my father. It's just that I can get the SC at a good price and its got to be better than the 1990 Camry he's currently driving. I really wanted to know how reliable these cars are? Don't any of our forum members know?

It would be more reliable. The uz v8's are million mile engines when cared for. The v6's would probably be 500,000m engines/drivetrains.

On the other side, there is no Camry parts chain association with the other vehicle. That means in a relative world. Mechanical repairs can be much more expencive.

(And ES/camry's of the same generation of the v8 lexi do not compair. You have to trade up in years on the Camry platform to be the equivilant of an LS. Say a gen 5+ Camry = Gen 1-2 LS400.)

SC400's are good cars. Especially for going fast.