The New Guy

GMoney749

Hey all,

New to the site and new to Lexus (26th vehicle in my lifetime)(hey, I like cars... :D ). Just bought an '07 ES350 Ultra for my wife as a Welcome Home present after her year in Baghdad:

DSCN3007.jpg

DSCN3006.jpg

Love the car. Only issue I have with it is the Nav database appears to be pretty crappy. Although the car seems to track perfectly on the map, all of the addresses and POI icons are like a quarter-mile off. The address it shows for our house isn't even close. Anybody else experience this?

I bet she was thrilled, its a beauty!

I know that the dealer can calibrate the nav system to adjust for the car location marker being off, don't know about the POIs. Does the car location marker sit in the right position?

Hey all,

New to the site and new to Lexus (26th vehicle in my lifetime)(hey, I like cars... :D ). Just bought an '07 ES350 Ultra for my wife as a Welcome Home present after her year in Baghdad:

DSCN3007.jpg

DSCN3006.jpg

Love the car. Only issue I have with it is the Nav database appears to be pretty crappy. Although the car seems to track perfectly on the map, all of the addresses and POI icons are like a quarter-mile off. The address it shows for our house isn't even close. Anybody else experience this?

Beautiful car, Love the color.............

I bet she was thrilled, its a beauty!

I know that the dealer can calibrate the nav system to adjust for the car location marker being off, don't know about the POIs. Does the car location marker sit in the right position?

She's not back until the end of May so she doesn't know yet, so keep it on the DL. :D

The location marker seems like it's consistently off a hundred feet or so. I always get to an intersection before it show's me arriving. But the POI icons are waaaay off, like most times in the completely wrong block and often on the wrong side of the street.

When I got the car it was set up for the east coast before I changed the region setting. Wonder if that has anything to do with it.

Oh, and here's another question - anybody know how you record a CD-R so that it displays Track/Album/Artist info in the car? I burned two CDs last night (using Media Player 11), one as an mp3 and another as wma and neither displayed track info in the car.

She's not back until the end of May so she doesn't know yet, so keep it on the DL. :D

The location marker seems like it's consistently off a hundred feet or so. I always get to an intersection before it show's me arriving. But the POI icons are waaaay off, like most times in the completely wrong block and often on the wrong side of the street.

When I got the car it was set up for the east coast before I changed the region setting. Wonder if that has anything to do with it.

Oh, and here's another question - anybody know how you record a CD-R so that it displays Track/Album/Artist info in the car? I burned two CDs last night (using Media Player 11), one as an mp3 and another as wma and neither displayed track info in the car.

Beautiful color. I just bought my ES350 in Black Sapphire.

I just went down to my car in the garage to see how precisely it displays the position of car on the map. It shows the car on the map exactly where my house is relative to the intersection. I also know the when I need to make a turn, the navigation system 'beeps' exactly as I hit the corner where the turn is to be made. In San Francisco driving through Golden Gate park, there are two road running parallel to each other and less than 100 feet apart. One road is just inside the park and the other is just outside the park. The nav doesn't sound the beep till I've reach the corner outside the park (where I need to make the right turn). Also as I've glance at the display while driving on a winding road, and it displays where I am on the road fairly precise (in relation to the curves on the road.)

I'm fairly sure my dealer didn't calibrate the system. They just got the car recently when I bought it. The dealer told me no one even had a chance to test drive it.

Question: are those custom wheels? They are really nice. I've see the standard 7 spoke alloy wheels and I have the 10 spoke ones that come with the Ultra and I've see the 'wired' ones (I believe they refer to them as the Graphite-polished wheels) but I never saw the chrome ones you have on your car.

Beautiful color. I just bought my ES350 in Black Sapphire.

I just went down to my car in the garage to see how precisely it displays the position of car on the map. It shows the car on the map exactly where my house is relative to the intersection. I also know the when I need to make a turn, the navigation system 'beeps' exactly as I hit the corner where the turn is to be made. In San Francisco driving through Golden Gate park, there are two road running parallel to each other and less than 100 feet apart. One road is just inside the park and the other is just outside the park. The nav doesn't sound the beep till I've reach the corner outside the park (where I need to make the right turn). Also as I've glance at the display while driving on a winding road, and it displays where I am on the road fairly precise (in relation to the curves on the road.)

I'm fairly sure my dealer didn't calibrate the system. They just got the car recently when I bought it. The dealer told me no one even had a chance to test drive it.

Question: are those custom wheels? They are really nice. I've see the standard 7 spoke alloy wheels and I have the 10 spoke ones that come with the Ultra and I've see the 'wired' ones (I believe they refer to them as the Graphite-polished wheels) but I never saw the chrome ones you have on your car.

Hmmm...how are your POI icons? The vehicle position isn't off far enough to bother me, but the addresses being that far off make the system kind of useless. Well, maybe not useless, but not what it ought to be.

The car came with the 10-spoke Ultra wheels (that the dealer had chromed) that are now stacked up in a corner of my garage. I bought those wheels (20") last weekend.

Hey all,

There is a TSB for your exact problem which your dealer should be aware of. In fact, my Lexus dealer ordered for me an updated DVD disc to correct this problem. They called me when they received this new disc. I drove into service, and within 5 minutes everything was corrected. Naturally, there was NO charge for this service. :)

Hey all,

There is a TSB for your exact problem which your dealer should be aware of. In fact, my Lexus dealer ordered for me an updated DVD disc to correct this problem. They called me when they received this new disc. I drove into service, and within 5 minutes everything was corrected. Naturally, there was NO charge for this service. :)

Ok, so I just called my dealer and told him I thought there was a TSB for this and asked him if he could check. His reponse was it would take him a little while to check, he'd like me to bring the car in so they can check it out, and they don't put much stock in anything I might have heard on the internet.

Sheesh. How hard is it to check for TSBs?

Thanks, BTW.

Ok, so I just called another dealer (my NEW dealership) and the guy said his service technician had just fixed this issue on another car. Taking it in tomorrow.

Here's the TSB Number: EL013-06

Title: Navigation System - Shows Vehicle in Wrong Location

If you look on the nav and you're, say at an intersection, if the pin for the car's location is not where your car is relative to the intersection, then its in the wrong position.

Two questions: 1. How do you know if the car is in the wrong position on the NAV?

2. Where did you buy the wheels? They're awesome.

Thanks. I bought them from a small local shop, I like the look of them but they're really nothing special. I think the brand is YFUN or something like that. There were a LOT more expensive wheels in there.

The shop was really cool about it, I had originally picked out a different style and when the tech put the first one on the car I didn't really like it. So they let me try out 3 different styles (mounted tires on them and everything) before I picked those. With the tires it was $1600 which I thought was a pretty good for some 20" wheels - when I left the house I was thinking there was no way I was coming home spending less than $2500.

And I'd agree the best place to check your NAV position is at any intersection.