Ac

i was driving and i turned the air to about 72, i realized that the car wasnt getting colder so i looked down, and the AC light was flashing, it has never done this before. i clicked it, it turned off, and i clicked it again and it turned on and ran fine, does anyone know what it means to be flashing?

yea i was looking at the recharge kit the other day actually, i was just assuming by now that it needed it.

do u notice any freon leaks? the leaks are visible on the AC charge valves? the leaks are like oil stains.

if you notice excessive oil stains around your AC system, u most likely have a major leak. it's normal to see leaks/minor oil stains by the charge valves because the seals/o-rings do wear out overtime.

WAIT. . .you need to find out which type of freon your car uses. i don't know if they have converted to R134a for the 1994 models.

you can either have it tested or just buy the charge it and try it. the charge kit is not very expansive. there is also a dye available to add into freon to check for leaks, but you need an UV light to see the dye.

ive looked and i have absolutly no leaks that i can tell, i will just go and buy the kit and see if it works

did u see which type of freon? i can't remember it's R12, R21 or R134a. If you try to add the R134a into the R12 or R21, it will not work properly. If it's definitely the R134a, you might want to add a can of oil in there too.