1990 Ls400 (white) Accident Yesterday

jess's lexus

:cries: :cries: :cries: :cries: :cries: :cries: :cries: :cries: :cries: :cries: :cries: :cries:

I bought my LS400 back in January and fell in love, seriously.

Well, yesterday on the way to take my son to a dr's appt (he's 11 months and has been sick for a while) we got into an accident. Basically we were at a red light with a huge ford truck in front of us. The light turned green, we proceeded to accelerate and my son started coughing/choking and I turned my head for 3 seconds to see if he was ok in the backseat and the truck decided to slam on his brakes (still don't know the reason why). He ended up getting a few *scratches* on his bumper while my front end is damaged pretty well.

I REALLY want to fix this but also need it done asap as I need to head back to work and currently have no transportation. My boyfriend has a pretty good knowledge of cars and has done a lot of work on our vehicles. But, money is sort of an issue as I don't have a lot to spend right now.

We do have a few questions though and was hoping someone that has worked on or has had a similar experience could help out.

I found someone online with a silver ls400 (93 i believe) willing to sell me a ton of parts I need for a great price.

So far I need:

Hood

Bumper

Grill

Driver's side headlight assembly, corner light, fog light, turn signal

Passenger's side fog light

Possibly a new radiator (mine wasn't damaged but it didnt look like it was in that great of condition before)

So far he's quoted me $500 for parts and $150 for shipping, does that seem reasonable?

Also, the support bar-which is basically the top part of I guess the frame of the car is bent towards the car causing the hose/tube that connects to the radiator to be pinched off. If this wasn't pinched off my car would be driveable, it runs and drives now-just worried about the pinched hose.

ALSO...it doesn't leak any fluids before or after the accident, I'm hoping this sounds promising?

Any help or input would be very much appreciated-I love my car and want it back on the road asap.

I'll post pics soon!

That price for those parts is fantastic. Take that person up on the deal.

Great! Thats good to hear :) I honestly don't know a whole lot about cars, but I'm learning what I can.

Do you think it does look repairable, and would you fix it if in the same position?

That price for those parts is fantastic. Take that person up on the deal.

Great! Thats good to hear :) I honestly don't know a whole lot about cars, but I'm learning what I can.

Do you think it does look repairable, and would you fix it if in the same position?

By the pics, it looks repairable. It's impossible for someone to make that call via the internet. You need to have a body shop or good body man make that call. If the frame is straight, then yes, that LS is worth fixing if you like the car. If that was mine, I would repair it. My car is solid and would be worth fixing. You and your boyfriend need to be the ones make that call. Good luck!!!

Bryan & Shelly

If that was mine, I would repair it. My car is solid and would be worth fixing. You and your boyfriend need to be the ones make that call.

Same here. Especially if maintenance is up to date and the rest of the car is in great condition. Again, only you can make that call.

you didn't say how many miles are on your car. The body does look in good shape (accident noted). Has the car spent it's entire life in MI? I see some rust on the under body. If you can get it fixed for under a grand go for it. But I see very nice LS's on the net for around 2K. And they are in good shape with no rust.

well defending on ur car .. and milage .. and smoothness and .. mechanic parts .. if u have done all the repair b4 and have no problem with then car what so ever .. and u think it wont let u down or wont die while driving ... since its old .. go for it even if its up to 3k .. if you feel hesitation dont do it cuz no one knows ur car rate better then u do so peace and good luck !!!

you didn't say how many miles are on your car. The body does look in good shape (accident noted). Has the car spent it's entire life in MI? I see some rust on the under body. If you can get it fixed for under a grand go for it. But I see very nice LS's on the net for around 2K. And they are in good shape with no rust.

255,000 miles and runs like a dream! I've put 7,000 on it myself! :)