Veteran Fan, New Owner

Hi guys im new to this forum and a new owner of a SC300.

The SC i have was bought in '94 by my uncle, then driven by his wife. It died at about 225,000 miles. He replaced the engine with a JDM 2jz-ge (same engine) and now it has 238,000 miles. He recently bought a newer GS300 and a RX300 to accomodate for his new baby girl. He probably wanted to keep his SC as a weekend driver or just to remember the 13ish years he had it, but it has finally come to me.

The way i see things now. I think this car will possibly be my daily drive for the next 4-5 years. so i want to try to make it a reliable, hella clean daily driver before i even think of turbo/high performance.

So my car has,

238,000 miles on the chassis

45,000 miles on the engine

In the last 2 Days i have

Oil change

Personal clean/detail

change air filter

car wash

Before summer plans

Redo whole suspension (still deciding specifics)

Front lower control arms

Rims i have laying around? (18" chrome)

I have been doing alot of research before and more now that i have the car. But i need expierenced opinions. Is there something else i should take care of first? What else should i do soon?

I seen to have noted all the common problems most of which i have e.g. dash lights, door hinge, control arm joints+bushings, fading/bad leather, antenna issues, etc.

But since the chassis does have almost 240k miles is there any high mileage specific problems i may need to watch out for? such as transmission or axles issues? Any help is appreciated!

well if the car has been maintained regularly you probably wont have any issues. if the car leaks oil here and there i would fix those. be on the lookout for hoses that have aged and hardened which can cause vaccum leaks. it also might be a good idea to change the motor and trans mounts if it hasnt been done in the last 40k miles? it will make the car much smoother. as far as suspension goes, one thing to think about is that rubber hardens as it ages. if you have the means(the money) to do so change whatever bushings you can. this will also help in ride comfort. and dont forget to change your trans oil regularly. and you should think about changing the diff oil as this is an often overlooked fluid to be changed. hope this helps as a start!