Service On Friday

I'm taking my beautiful 2000 ES300 in for its 50,000 mile (80,000km) service on friday. Actually the Lexus Service centre in Sydney are sending a driver 60 miles to come pick it up and leave me with a courtesy car, at no extra cost...how cool is that.

anyway, I want them to use Mobile 1 10W-30 for the oil change of this very major service. If I supply them with the oil, how can I be sure they actually use it and don't just keep it for themselves???

Also do you think I should ask them to use irridium plugs???

Cheers

Stephen

They're not going to steal your oil, dealers are classier than that.

Plus, the car shouldn't need plugs at 50k miles...

Shayan- Lexus dealers typically offer pickup and dropoff of a loaner vehicle for service up to 100 miles away, they do that here in the US too.

thats a good idea, damn, no one in shreveport, Louisiana drives 60 miles to coem and get your car. People in australia are nicer

lol

Steve is right, Lexus of Shreveport-Bossier City has driven 75miles (150 total) to Ruston to pick-up and drop off my car when I call them for service. Their sales and service staff over there is first rate.

lol

all i know is they didint offer me a loaner car when they had my car, maybe because I was a kid. And just becuase its a dealer dotn think their honest. they charged me 75 bucks to supposedley clean my iacv and it was good for two days and then went back to dying and they said that i would have to pay another fee to get it fixed. Come to find out after going to a place called eurotech who works only on lexus, BMW, benz, and volvos, my iacv had never been cleaned, and he suspected all they did was spary the engine with carborator cleaner and other cleaners, which would fix the problem for few days.

Oh yeah, you have to be 21 for them to give you a loaner depending on the state.

All the dealers are independently owned and they vary, but they're not going to steal oil. I think what you experienced was the fact that dealers don't have a whole lot of experience troubleshooting and repairing older cars. 90% of their business is scheduled maintenance and oil changes. You're better off at the indy shop.