Ac Filter For 2005 Ls 430

smithg

:angry: What is the purpose of an AC Filter? Apparently it is not covered under routine maintenance. I had to pay $99.95 to have mine replaced during a routine 5,000 check, and this was on top of the $149.95 for oil change. Can this be done by someone who is handy and what would it cost?

What you do is buy one from the same dealer or any online lexus dealer, it would cost you up to $40.00, no more than that. Then you open your glove box, take one little plastic piece out, then you open your AC plastic cover and take existing filter out. Put a new one in and put everything back the same way. It takes me exactly 2 min to do this. First time it should take you no more than 5 min. There are no tools and no screws involved in this.....Or is it different now for 05?? Pay the rest of the money to the guy at the pump....

What you do is buy one from the same dealer or any online lexus dealer, it would cost you up to $40.00, no more than that. Then you open your glove box, take one little plastic piece out, then you open your AC plastic cover and take existing filter out. Put a new one in and put everything back the same way. It takes me exactly 2 min to do this. First time it should take you no more than 5 min. There are no tools and no screws involved in this.....Or is it different now for 05?? Pay the rest of the money to the guy at the pump....

:angry: What is the purpose of an AC Filter? Apparently it is not covered under routine maintenance. I had to pay $99.95 to have mine replaced during a routine 5,000 check, and this was on top of the $149.95 for oil change. Can this be done by someone who is handy and what would it cost?

The purpose is to minimize dust etc. from getting into the car and the A/C system. The filters are also carbon impregnated to kill some minor odors. In TN it costs $60 at the local dealer for an oil change and I think that is robbery!! Talk to some friends and find a good independent shop that will save you some $$$. Keep your records should the very unlikely happen and you need a major warrantee job. Check with NAPA for even better prices on the A/C filter.

Clean with soap and water the new filter in a year from installation and there you have it, a filter for one more year, then when it gets to the second year you can discard the filter. If they are not supper dirty they can be wash once.

CPR

What you do is buy one from the same dealer or any online lexus dealer, it would cost you up to $40.00, no more than that. Then you open your glove box, take one little plastic piece out, then you open your AC

plastic cover and take existing filter out. Put a new one in and put everything back the same way. It takes me exactly 2 min to do this. First time it should take you no more than 5 min. There are no tools and no screws involved in this.....Or is it different now for 05?? Pay the rest of the money to the guy at the pump....

The purpose is to minimize dust etc. from getting into the car and the A/C system. The filters are also carbon impregnated to kill some minor odors. In TN it costs $60 at the local dealer for an oil change and I think that is robbery!! Talk to some friends and find a good independent shop that will save you some $$$. Keep your records should the very unlikely happen and you need a major warrantee job. Check with NAPA for even better prices on the A/C filter.