Lexus Ls400 Vs. Gs300

plainsurfer

Hey everyone,

Given that this forum is full of experienced Lexus drivers, I was hoping you could collectively give me some guidance with regard to a car purchase. I am interested in a lexus due to countless positive reviews on their durability. Here's what I may have access to:

1992 Lexus LS400

4000cc V8 engine

Automatic

dark green metallic

64,000 km's (30,000 miles?)

Service records exist

Power steering

Power windows

Air conditioner

ABS brakes

Traction control

Drivers air-bag

Keyless entry

Factory CD changer

18" alloy wheels

Adjustable suspension

COST: 8,000.00 US

1992 Lexus GS300

Automatic

Black

100,000 km's (approx. 65,000 miles?)

Power steering

Power windows

Air conditioner

ABS brakes

Traction control

Drivers air-bag

Sunroof

18" alloy wheels

Lowered suspension

Leather interior

COST: 8500.00 US

Would you suggest the GS300 or LS400 in this case?? I am liking the fact that the LS400 has service records and very low miles, but am hesitant about buying a model with air suspension, as I've heard this repair can break the bank. The GS300 is also nice and appears in great condition with only a little wear on drivers' seat leather. I realize they are two totally different styles, but I'm partial to both, yet I don't have enough experience with Lexus to make an informed decision. What would you suggest?? Any advice would be appreciated. THANKS

Very briefly:

Personally I would look for a newer car. I think the series one LS are too "Cadillac" - too soft sprung and not really that quick.

I've got the series two, a -95 with air suspension. The combination of ride and handling in that car is just amazing, I think. It is also quiet, which I see as a big bonus. The downside is the pure size - it is bigger that your average SAAB, Volvo, Peugeot or AUDI. (To name a few common cars in Sweden.) It is trickier to park and drive in crowded streets.

Just my personal thoughts.

/Alexander