Road Kill Got Its Revenge...

As I was exiting on M4 off of the Meadowbrook expressway a furry lil, well big, raccoon decided to ends it life by jumping under my front passenger side wheel. The loud disturbing thump was partially drowned out by a high pitched scream... :cries: unfortunately I was the only one in the car. The critter caused some damage as it went kamikaze under my wheel.. A portion of the splash sheild was ripped off as well as a part that extends a little beyond that that provides splash protection for the fog lights. I see the splash shield for the wheel well for sale but nothing else. Does anyone have schematics w/ part numbers or could identify the peice of plastic I'm describing? :ph34r:

post-30872-1174372863_thumb.jpg

Dude the same thing happened to me about 3 months ago. I hit the racoon going about 70 mph and it cracked the bottom of the bumper and the splash shield was knocked off. Ive tried several junk yards with no luck. On mine there are two pieces to the splash shied and the part closest to the bumper cracked off. I haven’t had a track record with animals and driving so hopefully that was the last one.

At least no other damage occurred. Just watch out for deer those will seriously damage your car.

Dude the same thing happened to me about 3 months ago. I hit the racoon going about 70 mph and it cracked the bottom of the bumper and the splash shield was knocked off. Ive tried several junk yards with no luck. On mine there are two pieces to the splash shied and the part closest to the bumper cracked off. I haven’t had a track record with animals and driving so hopefully that was the last one.

At least no other damage occurred. Just watch out for deer those will seriously damage your car.

If I hit a deer in queens or long Island I'd be a little more confused than worried... assuming i wasn't impaled on an antler, but it looks like I'm missing the same part as you, junkyards haven't been anyluck in my area but hopefully i can get one of my spanish speaking friends to head to Roosevelt Ave down in Flushing with me this week. I ordered a generic replacement splash shield... hopefully I'll get it soon... i swear the raccoons are out to get me.