Changing Lock/unlock Configurations

jaspal

Has anyone tried to change door lock/unlock configurations as detailed in the manual. I tried but nothing happens. I am trying to change to unlock all doors when I open driver door (within 15 seconds) after turning ignition off. There are four configurations described which can be set one way or another.

There are certain settings which can be customized by the dealer, but I am talking of user configurations described in the manual.

Has anyone tried to change door lock/unlock configurations as detailed in the manual. I tried but nothing happens. I am trying to change to unlock all doors when I open driver door (within 15 seconds) after turning ignition off. There are four configurations described which can be set one way or another.

There are certain settings which can be customized by the dealer, but I am talking of user configurations described in the manual.

Hi,

This was sent to me by my Lexus dealer. Worked like a champ!

The solution is very simple. With the car off, stand outside the car with all the doors closed. Hold your remote in your hand. First press and hold the lock button, and then press and hold the unlock button simultaneously together for about 15 seconds. You are going to hear a beep and then release. Now you will be able to unlock all the doors when you only reach for one door.

Hope this helps.

All doors open when I reach any door from outside. I am trying to get all doors open when I open the door from inside within certain time after turning the ignition off. As SW03ES mentioned, perhaps I have to work on timing. May be I am not holding buttons long enough. Thank you for your response, anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

For changing the function "open all locks automatically if driver door is opened within 15 seconds after turning the engine off" from On to Off, or Off to On, I do the following:

(1) Close all doors, car is off, stick in "P"

(2) Turn Ignition On (I hit Start button twice without pressing brake pedal)

(3) Move Stick to "N" (I need to press brake to move it from "P")

(4) Press door unlock button in the driver door for 15 seconds

As per the manual, all locks will close and then open when setting is changed

Nothing happens after step (4) - hold for 15 seconds, or more, or any length

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks. I will try using a stopwatch.

When setting has changed "all doors are locked and then unlocked" to signal the change. Should that happen after unlock button is released, or when it is still pressed to signal that the button can now be released?

Are all other steps in order? It is weird that such a simple thing should need that much clarification !!!

lol. Well I asked this as I have tried all possibilities unsuccessfully. Obviously there is some step missing/incorrect, or not too obvious. I am going see the dealer. Let me see if he succeeds in this simple task.