Appearance Of Aftermarket Tow Hitch

flatsixcrazy

Hello all,

I am looking to purchase an after market tow hitch by Hidden Hitch (round tube or regular) and have come across a few unfavorable ratings for these after market hitches. They are mostly about the appearance of the hitch in relation to the overall appearance of the SUV. I am looking for any pictures with a Hidden hHtch round tube or the square frame hitch installed on a RX300, to see what they look like, installed. Thank you all in advance for all your help. Andy

Andy, there is a decent picture on the Lexus site:

http://www.lexus.com/models/RX/accessories...eceiver_RX.html

I have also seen the hitch installed on a couple of vehicles on the Lexus new car lot. It is quite unobtrusive. It also is sufficiently tucked under the bumper so that you won't bump your shins when you are loading/unloading the trunk. I do plan on visiting some aftermarket dealers here in the Phoenix area to see what they offer, but suspect I'll end up with the somewhat overpriced Lexus hitch.

Tom

Thanks for your help guys. I saw an aftermarket hitch (drawtite) on a highlander last night and did find it looked a little odd sticking out from under the RX compared to the factory one in the link above. I guess it won't matter if you were to put it on only when you need to tow something, which for me is once every two to three months. Andy

Hello all,

I am looking to purchase an after market tow hitch by Hidden Hitch (round tube or regular) and have come across a few unfavorable ratings for these after market hitches. They are mostly about the appearance of the hitch in relation to the overall appearance of the SUV. I am looking for any pictures with a Hidden hHtch round tube or the square frame hitch installed on a RX300, to see what they look like, installed. Thank you all in advance for all your help. Andy

I went through this with my 01 a couple of years ago. Most aftermarket lack in overall apperance. I ended up with the round tube by HiddenHitch which in my opinion looks better than the factory hitch. Not to mention that it saves a lot of $ over Lexus hitch. Sorry I don't have any pics.