I Agree Screen

Does anyone know a workaround from having to touch the "I Agree" screen on the navigation unit each time you start the car? I know it is in response to govenment safety but once is enough for me.

I found the workaround for overriding the navigation and phone system while moving but I can't find any info on bypassing the I Agree screen.

hey bob, people have gone to great limits with that I agree screen. However, even with older generations, the farthest people got was with the override button.

some people however, have bought kits that require removing the dash and cutting wires on their cars with older generation navs. This car is still too new to experiment with. and lexus has learned that we know these "hacks" and therefore make it very hard to do so.

im curious as to what the overriding procedure is on the LS460...

Does anyone know a workaround from having to touch the "I Agree" screen on the navigation unit each time you start the car? I know it is in response to govenment safety but once is enough for me.

I found the workaround for overriding the navigation and phone system while moving but I can't find any info on bypassing the I Agree screen.

I am also fed -up with this "I Agree" bs. I totally agree that once should be enough. This months issue of C&D has an article as to how to by-pass it, but I am not willing as others have noted to have the center pod completely dismantled to access the rear of the nav unit.

Also, Bob can you share with us the details of "how to" override the nav and phone while moving.

Thanks.

James

Just push the button. Everyone gets so worked up about this and I don't get it, yes not being able to enter destinations when driving is annoying, but this? I've had my car for 4 years...pushed the button every day...and I'm still here.

I am also fed -up with this "I Agree" bs. I totally agree that once should be enough. This months issue of C&D has an article as to how to by-pass it, but I am not willing as others have noted to have the center pod completely dismantled to access the rear of the nav unit.

Also, Bob can you share with us the details of "how to" override the nav and phone while moving.

Thanks.

James

The best example to override the nav/phone greyout while moving is shown in the video clip:

http://www.cartv.com/content/research/chan...us/MODEL_VCH/LS

A number of forums for other lexus owners also give the steps but the video shown how easy it really is.

Bob

• 1 month later...
that works for the LS? i thought they changed it

I just tried these methods in my LS460 with no results. Any other ideas?

SAME HERE.

I HAD NO LUCK DISABLING THE MOTION LOCKOUT ON THE NAVIGATIONS SYSTEM OF MY NEW LS 460 EITHER.

that works for the LS? i thought they changed it

I just tried these methods in my LS460 with no results. Any other ideas?

SAME HERE.

I HAD NO LUCK DISABLING THE MOTION LOCKOUT ON THE NAVIGATIONS SYSTEM OF MY NEW LS 460 EITHER.

I have a 2006 LS430 and the override shown on the video clip above works just fine. However, I read that starting with 2007 models, this has been eliminated. I don't know of a new way to do it.

BTW- I hate pressing the acknowledgement button everyday. I don't know if this is a legal issue, or Lexus issue. Seems the customers should be able to accept responsibility one time only and not everyday....