Gs450h: Lease Or Buy

Other than the usual things to factor into the decision whether to lease or buy a car (yearly mileage, how long you want to keep the car, etc), are there any additional factors to consider when getting a GS450h?

My first inclination is to buy, but I'm wondering what sort of resale value this very expensive "performance hybrid" will ultimately have. I suppose since they will always be comparatively rare, the market for used ones might be strong; alternatively, people may be more reluctant to buy a used one.

Just curious if anyone has any thoughts on this.

The first generation Prius still fetches a decent price as a used vehicle and you may want to check prices of used RX400hs. The batteries should last 150,000 miles, according to Toyota test results and long-term hybrids in Japan. Therefore, if you don't pile on the mileage, resale value should be good, IMO. Still, you may want to discuss this with your accountant, as well.

Dave

The first generation Prius still fetches a decent price as a used vehicle and you may want to check prices of used RX400hs. The batteries should last 150,000 miles, according to Toyota test results and long-term hybrids in Japan. Therefore, if you don't pile on the mileage, resale value should be good, IMO. Still, you may want to discuss this with your accountant, as well.

Dave

Thanks. Those are excellent points.

Getting excited to pick up my new GSh tomorrow! :cheers: