Injen Intake

presidential13

One other thing you might want to do would be to reset the ECU by removing the black ground wire from the battery for about 10 minutes, then reconnecting it. Sometimes that will help the ECU to learn the new intake.

As far as fuel mileage, it's possible but probably not enough to measure. You might have to test it to find out as each driver has somewhat different results. Gas mileage goes down for some people because they keep flooring the gas pedal to hear the sound of the intake. :D

I wouldn't recommend an intake for these cars. I put one on and the ECU doesn't really adjust for the additional air flow, and you may loose horsepower at anything below 3000rpm. I had an AEM on mine for 1000 miles and took it off. Never got a check engine light but I have more use to take off from a light fast rather than possibly save a gallon of gas per tank, if it does that. Not really noticable as far as saving gas. Some other forums have statements of others using synthetic oil, and they claim that they get better gas mileage. Others change their exhaust and open it up to gain horsepower. You're doing the right thing by checking the forums. Wish I would have joined before I bought my intake, which now sits in storage.

the only intake i've heard so far worth getting is the srt from reading previous forums. thanks again for the advise fellas.

The only difference is SRT has a piggyback ecu, Same crap short ram intake though.