Seafoam Advice

nc211

Just a quick note. If you do the seafoam in your oil, right before you change it, after you let it idle for 10-15 minutes, let the car sit for an hour or so, to let all the dirty oil drain down into the pan. Then, after it's drained out, have a quart or two of extra oil to flush out the dirty oil still in the pan. I have done this a few times now, but never let it sit for a good while after shutting it down "usually I let it sit for 15 to 20 minutes". It has usually taken only an extra quart to flush out the dirty oil. But today took twice that to get it all out. So I would suggest letting the car sit for a bit, so ALL the dirty oil can drain down, and you can get it out of your engine. Car's smooth as silk.

Just a quick note. If you do the seafoam in your oil, right before you change it, after you let it idle for 10-15 minutes, let the car sit for an hour or so, to let all the dirty oil drain down into the pan. Then, after it's drained out, have a quart or two of extra oil to flush out the dirty oil still in the pan. I have done this a few times now, but never let it sit for a good while after shutting it down "usually I let it sit for 15 to 20 minutes". It has usually taken only an extra quart to flush out the dirty oil. But today took twice that to get it all out. So I would suggest letting the car sit for a bit, so ALL the dirty oil can drain down, and you can get it out of your engine. Car's smooth as silk.

Thanks for the tip. I plan to Seafoam my cars this spring.

I found the Sea Foam cleaner at Advance Auto part and they told me that I could use this for either cleaning the fuel system or the oil in my engine. Is this the same stuff you used on your car?

Yep, that's the one. You can put it in your gas tank, and your oil right before you change it. It's some great stuff!!! Make sure you have the right can though, they do make some for use in your transmission "i don't recommend doing that". It's clearly labelled, but looks the same in terms of can size and color scheme of the label.

Yep, that's the one. You can put it in your gas tank, and your oil right before you change it. It's some great stuff!!! Make sure you have the right can though, they do make some for use in your transmission "i don't recommend doing that". It's clearly labelled, but looks the same in terms of can size and color scheme of the label.

I saw one for the transmission too but I didn't get it. Thanx.