Overriding Navigation Motion Lock On 2007's?

I know there's a bypass for the 06's (menu->volume->top left corner, bottom left, top left bottom left -> hold down override) that allows you to enter destinations while the car is in motion.

I've read elsewhere that this does not work in the '07s. Can

Can anyone confirm this is true and if there is a different code available for the 2007s? Thanks.

(I've tried searching for this, but can't find info specific to the 2007s...)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
There is no "properly functioning" override for the O7s. Just use your voice commands!

With its accuracy, that's easier said than done...

(And that wont help with the fact that mp3 CDs (or iPod with adapter) track information (artist, song title, etc) is blanked out while the car is in motion. Not sure what safety issue that is meant to address...

• 4 weeks later...

Yes I agree....my Acura TL navi was soooooooo "USER FRIENDLY"

Where is the bypass/ hack for the 2007 GS 350?

Where?

Ty

I completely agree. My Acura navigations system allows you to input while driving. I hate the feature on my GS. Let the customer decide what they want! I can't wait for the hack. It has to exist somewhere!

Yes I agree....my Acura TL navi was soooooooo "USER FRIENDLY"

Where is the bypass/ hack for the 2007 GS 350?

Where?

Trying out the voice recognition for destination input, I literally just spent 5 minutes trying every way I could think of to pronounce "Lincoln Avenue".

Lin-con

Leen-con

Link-o-lin

Lin-collin

I never was able to get my 2007 GSh to recognize this major street in Chicago.

Wish there as a way to get the attention of Lexus' "customer service" guru. This really is ridiculous for such an advance automobile...

Based on posts here and here, it is possible to create a new Nav DVD that brings back the override function. Thus far I've been about 90% successful -- can now enter Nav instructions on the fly, but the touch screen has become really sluggish ((<5 sec delay between press and action). I'm guessing it doesn't like the brand of DVD I used, so am going to try a different one...

• 3 weeks later...

Or you could gain access to the back of the navigation unit and depending on your model (ML or not), cut some wires and have the override for both DVD/BT and navi address input while in-motion!

• 2 months later...
I know there's a bypass for the 06's (menu->volume->top left corner, bottom left, top left bottom left -> hold down override) that allows you to enter destinations while the car is in motion.

I've read elsewhere that this does not work in the '07s. Can

Can anyone confirm this is true and if there is a different code available for the 2007s? Thanks.

(I've tried searching for this, but can't find info specific to the 2007s...)

I have a 07 GS350 with Nav and I am searching too to find the unlock sequence.

You didn't say the model you have, did you look at Lockpick?

It doesn't work on the GS model :-(

There is no "properly functioning" override for the O7s. Just use your voice commands!

Unreliable when there is any kind of cabin noise even the climate control fan. My opinion is that Lexus is going to start losing buyers if they don't do something about the silly in motion restrictions on nav, audio displays and lack of mp3 hookup via auxillary. freakin cassette player instead?

• 2 weeks later...

Unreliable when there is any kind of cabin noise even the climate control fan. My opinion is that Lexus is going to start losing buyers if they don't do something about the silly in motion restrictions on nav, audio displays and lack of mp3 hookup via auxillary. freakin cassette player instead?

Fairly new to the board. Nobody having any luck with this yet. New 07 GS350. This is the one thing I do not like about the car. There has got to be a way around it. PLS.

• 2 weeks later...

Could you give me that overide for the 06 nav in motion again but in a little more detail, please.

LoL...it's on youtube

There's got to be some friend of a friend who works on Lexus cars that knows the override. Do you think there's an actual service manual that has this in it? I know that's how the others got leaked.