Pictures Of Hybrid Emblems From Rey Bustos In L.a.

I've been trying several times all day without luck to get the picture up...I have done it many times in the past and all of a sudden I can't do it any longer...hmmm.... It's a small file, I don't get it......I'll try again....

Yes, Tom, now it's called Barney, Lol...seriously, I can't seem to upload pictures any longer...what am I doing wrong for Pete's sake? argh.

Hey, I did it! I was finally able to upload the picture of the emblem that I placed on the back hatch trim...look at the very first post,it's there.... well, since I did it once, I did it again in this post! Rey

post-26996-1187211468_thumb.jpg

Just because I've been asked many times already, I got the hybrid emlem through CONQUEST AUTOMOTIVE. I found them on eBay and they seem to have plenty. The emblems are from Ford and are really nice and I love the way it looked when I put mine on the chrome trim in the rear. Chrome on chrome is really elegant and people really think that Lexus did it...but it was just me! Rey

post-26996-1187319729_thumb.jpg

Rey, Barney looks good with that chrome decal. I'm holding off until I decide and order a personalized plate that refers to the hybrid heritage of my car.

Glad you are back on the road and hope the paint job is as good as factory.

Tom

Have you picked what you will have on your plates? " EVREDY"? "BTRYPWR"? "NCLUDED"...this one is great if you put "Batteries" on the top portion of your license plate frame! Just chiming in! Thanks for all of the great messages......my license reads "ANATNUT"...I teach anatomy to artists...I know...it has nothing to do with hybrid or anything...but I thought I'd tell ya.....Rey, the Anatnut in L.A.

I teach anatomy to artists

Egads! I am afraid to inquire about this. :huh:

I have a long list of possible names for my plates which will include two RX400h's and a Porsche 968. I am kind of keeping them to myself just in case someone else might beat me to the punch in my state of residency (which is not Arizona). I will post the results when I get the final plates.

Have a good weekend. I am off to San Diego next week to take my son to SDSU to begin his college career. I sure wish my poor parents could have afforded to send me to college in California. I am jealous. I had to settle for Purdue 'cause it was cheap.

Tom

Well Tom, it seems as if your Purdue education was just fine...two 400hs and a Porche?! C'mon, Tom...you did great and congratulations on your son going to SDSU! I am an educator so I appreciate such things. Oh, I never responded...yes, the paint job is actually better than factory as the owner said it would be. That means that they simply used more paint, put more layers on and all of the trim was replaced and is perfect. Before I had some irritating trim issues..like the black trim lining the front grill had been wavy and part of it seemed almost to be off track...anywho, because they did all of the trim by hand, instead of an assembly line, it was all inpeccably applied....it was a really high end job at a high end place...I was really happy. I also bought a car cover from an on-line place and the cover was amazing! It fit our car like a glove. It even had outcrops for the mirrors and the antenna that we have on the roof and they had a window with plastic over it to let the rear license show through! Even though it was horrific to have had to experience that kind of vandalism, it all got resolved nicely and with little hassle,outside of not having my car for three weeks. I even loved that I had to replace the hybrid emblem in the rear because the Ford one was so much nicer and fit that chrome trim perfectly. Toodle-loo, Rey

post-26996-1187572305_thumb.jpg

Rey, I am happy that the repaint worked out well for you, but probably cost 21st Century (or whatever they are called) about $15,000. And three weeks for a complete repaint is unusually fast. I have friends who have waited for months. Once they tear apart the car you are captive until they finish.

Be careful with the car cover and how you use it. If you trap moisture under it in can damage the paint.

Thanks for the compliments.

Tom

OK, I'll watch for that with the cover...it's supposed to not do that, meaning it's supposed to be a material that allows for condensation without trapping, breathing......anywho, I'll still take your advice and put it on only here and there..... use it when it's in the my condo garage and if I'm parked in a sunny area for a spell, like when I teach... I'll only use it when I don't think that moisture will be an isssue. Yes, the paint job was great and they did say that they would do it in a timely manner so as to not put me out too long without the Princess. They did a fab job and I am glad that the neighbor that did it moved out this last week! I think he knew the jig was up! Everyone banded with me and made him feel unwanted around here! So once again, all is great in the wonderful area that I live in. Toodle-loo caribou, Rey

RXRey/Gryphon

I'm new to this forum (I've been hanging out at Clublexus.com, where the same topic is going on-but no photos!) and love the hybrid emblem you put on the rear of your car. By chance, do you have the part number?

I've bought a few stickers from cafepress.com but want something more "Lexus-like" and I think what you did looks great.

Gryphon, I am also keeping the idea for my plates to myself until they're on the car. As long as you're not in Texas, i'll clue you in!

Greetings from Austin

Kat

Kat, I found it on ebay...the company is really nice, they are "Conquest automotive" and they still have a bunch so get on ebay and type "hybrid emblem" that'll take you right to Conquests' listings.... if you look...it'll say something like, "Ford Hybrid...chrome decal",something to that effect...but it's a nice metal logotype, much better than Cafe Press could ever do and in fact even better than the Lexus logotypes that I've seen. Believe me, I'm picky about what I put on my Princess! Let me know if you are able to get one and you won't be sorry. It cost me less than $30 and worth every penny, it looks fab! The metal,chrome type is already set for you on an adhesive strip under and over the type. After you take off the plastic strip covering the area that will be in contact with the car,the top strip holds the type in place,perfectly spaced. You then place the type onto the area of the car that you want, with me it was the chrome strip at the rear, gently and carefully place.... and then press. The top plastic strip is then taken off and voila! Your ride will look like a $50,000 car...oh, that's right, it is! Well, it'll look even better! Chrome on chrome, what's not to like?! Rey in L.A.

post-26996-1188082866_thumb.jpg

Kat, I found it on ebay...the company is really nice, they are "Conquest automotive" and they still have a bunch so get on ebay and type "hybrid emblem" that'll take you right to Conquests' listings.... if you look...it'll say something like, "Ford Hybrid...chrome decal",something to that effect...but it's a nice metal logotype, much better than Cafe Press could ever do and in fact even better than the Lexus logotypes that I've seen. Believe me, I'm picky about what I put on my Princess! Let me know if you are able to get one and you won't be sorry. It cost me less than $30 and worth every penny, it looks fab! The metal,chrome type is already set for you on an adhesive strip under and over the type. After you take off the plastic strip covering the area that will be in contact with the car,the top strip holds the type in place,perfectly spaced. You then place the type onto the area of the car that you want, with me it was the chrome strip at the rear, gently and carefully place.... and then press. The top plastic strip is then taken off and voila! Your ride will look like a $50,000 car...oh, that's right, it is! Well, it'll look even better! Chrome on chrome, what's not to like?! Rey in L.A.

Rey,

Thanks so much for all the info! Really, your car looks great and I hate to copy, but it is the greatest form of a compliment.

But once I get my new plates...watch out! You'll need a tiara for your Princess.

Kat

Don't be silly Kat, use it. Get the emblem and put it on, just make sure you really line it up in the center and voila....I'm in L.A. so you'll have the Texas version! My plates are ANATNUT so don't worry, I am not going to take your clever hybrid related plate idea...I've had the same plates for four cars now amd I am not changing them ever again...but do post what it is that you come up with when you get them and please let me know if you do get the Ford Emblem from conquestauto...did you check them out already? I have a pictiure of the old logo that I had before my vandalism, it's from a Toyota and my Lexus dealer gave me three for free. The second picture is what I have now and I decided to put that one on the chrome trim since it was smaller and fit better than the last one and frankly it looks better to me....chrome on chrome. Look at both and see which one you might like. Did you notice on my profile photo that I took off my roof rack? The car looks so cool without it! Happy accessorising! Rey in L.A.

post-26996-1188330006_thumb.jpg

post-26996-1188330040_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

Has anyone else bought the emblem that I put on my car from CONQUEST AUTO?. I think this is the best ybrid emblem that I have found...and it's a Ford, go figure. At least one part of that Ford has quality. Rey

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't remember what the brand was for the "Nerf bars" but look it up on the net, that's how I found them. I have an extra set if you want to try them, it'll only cost you shipping which is about $60, I think. It's a used set that I bought on ebay by accident....I ordered one then found the ones that I have on...it's a long story but bottom line, I'll give them to anyone that will simply pay for the shipping. Even if you don't like them... pass them on. They will fit any RX 330,350 or 400h. Just write to me via my web site. www.reybustos.com

I think it's OK to write that, I'm not making any money from it...I paid over $200 bucks for them PLUS shipping. let me know and maybe after the holidays, when things aren't so crazed, we can arrange the shipping. Rey in L.A.

I know that I have these on someone else's post but enough people have asked so here are the pictures. I got three Hybrid Synergy Drive and three Hybrid logotypes all free from my great dealership at Glendale Lexus. I just put up a new image of the rear with an emblem that I got through eBay of a Ford hybrid. Now that many auto makers have hybrids our choices are greater if you want to add hybrid emblems on your 400h...especially if you have an '06 as I have. Rey Bustos, Lexus Man in L.A.

Very nice RXREY! Where did you ordered? :unsure:

I simply Googled "Hybrid emblems" and I found them. They are by Conquestauto( the emblem on the rear, the side emblems are Toyota and were free at my Lexus of Glendale dealership...) the rear one was actually made for a Ford...the only good thing about the car! They were about $30 each, if I remember right, and they seem to have many in stock, so get one...or more. Oh, and if you were talking about the Nerf Bars(the chrome step bars)..well, same thing...I find everything on line! Rey Bustos, happy Lexus owner in L.A.