What Should I Know Re: Delivery Process ?

After a six month wait, my ship has come in - literally. My new IS 250 is supposed to be on the boat arriving in New jersey today ! Only 5 - 10 more days until it arrives at the dealership. Any helpful hints I should be aware of when I go to pick up my new IS ? Thanks.

BTW - it was only supposed to take 3-4 months, but my special order was "accidentally" cancelled in Aug - a story for another day !

lets see...what do you need to know...

some people in this forum do not like the vehicle prepping that the dealer does to the car, ie: (machine) wash and detail it, drilling holes into the front bumper etc. working on that car

this has given many people problems ie. scratches on the paint.

however, if your like me, your just going to pick it up all nice and shiny.

be sure to check for any problems to the exterior of the car. they will be giving you a quick tour of the car to show you all the toys. enjoy it.

My advice would be, if its a dark color, make an appointment with a professional detailer the day of delivery and have the dealer not prep it. Some dealers are fine, they prepped mine when they delivered it to me and I had no problems whatsoever, but some dealers are not. If its a light color don't worry about it.