Newbie Hid Question

is30073

Hi all

I am new to this site and to the whole world of HID. I curerntly own 2001 IS300, and the passenger bulb died on me last week. The light will turn on, but its very dim and will flicker for about a minute before dying. I have read posts relating to HID from various sites, and I am not sure if I need a new bulb or ballast. I have priced out the bulbs and they aint cheap! Hope that you all can help me determine what the problem might be. Also, if you can recommned someone/garage in the Mississauga/GTA Canada area that can help me with this problem, I would greatly appreciate it! I have tried to remove the dead bulb with a working one last night, and wasnt able to

Thank you all in advance!

Not sure what part you're having trouble with but here goes. Look at the attached diagram. You need to unfasten the large round gray plastic cover by turning counter clockwise just a few degrees and it should pop loose. (ribbed circle on the left of the diagram) You should see a black rubber O ring inside. Set that part aside.

Inside you should see a large silver plug with a shielded braided wire. Just pull this plug and you should be looking at the back of the bulb.

The bulb is held in place by a wire clip. Squeeze this clip till it comes loose and let it swing away.

At this point you should be able to just pull the bulb out from the back.

IS300_Headligh_adjustment..pdf

Not sure what part you're having trouble with but here goes. Look at the attached diagram. You need to unfasten the large round gray plastic cover by turning counter clockwise just a few degrees and it should pop loose. (ribbed circle on the left of the diagram) You should see a black rubber O ring inside. Set that part aside.

Inside you should see a large silver plug with a shielded braided wire. Just pull this plug and you should be looking at the back of the bulb.

The bulb is held in place by a wire clip. Squeeze this clip till it comes loose and let it swing away.

Thank you for the reply and the diagram! I will give it a try this weekend and see what happens. Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

Don't happen to have a pdf for the gs300 do you? My GS is starting to look like it has a wandering eye.