Looking for '90 LS400 parts in MA

clayton

I'm the owner 0f a 1990 LS400 w/85,000 miles. Awesome car. I love it! I do have a problem with a saggy front driver's seat, coils and cushioning. Can anyone direct me to a resource in MA which may be able to repair and reupholster, or replace with two new (used) front seats?

I'm also looking for a resource for rotors and pads.

And finally, at speeds greater than 40mph I experience wind noise through the moonroof and door panels. Can anyone give me info on repairing this??

Awesome Forum! :?:

Thanks,

Clayton

clayton01746@yahoo.com Framingham, MA

• 1 month later...

I was recently in need of replacing the rotors on my 93 LS400. I looked all over. The dealers price ranged from $160 to $200 per rotor, depending where you went. After market rotors go anywhere from $80 to $150 in the few auto parts web sites I visited and also at autozone, but they didn't have any in stock. I finally found a few web sites for the racing enthusiasts that offered slotted rotors with holes. I called them up and asked if they sell unslotted rotors and got two rear ones for $45 each. You can also get the slotted ones for slightly more, like $65 or $70 each. Here are the two web sites I looked at:

http://www.raceconcepts.net/

and

http://www.irotors.com/

• 3 months later...

I can't help you with the cushion issue. I'm experiencing the same problem. There is an uppolstery shop here in DC I would recommend using, but they might be too far. For your rotors and pads. If you're still interested in stock Rotors and pads, PM me. I could get them much cheaper for you. I am currently working with a company to build the very first Big Front and Rear Slotted/Cross Drilled Brake Kit for the 90-94 model year LS400s. Once they are done, I'll let everybody know.

There is another source if you're interested in.

http://www.statixbrakes.com/brakepros.asp. Stillen has made a stock size slotted or crossdrilled brakes for the LS400s

• 9 months later...

Try Bap-Geon for brake parts. The only phone number I have is for the one in Virginia Beach 757-425-7100 I think they have lots of Lexus parts very cheap. Rear caliper was $97 with lifetime warrenty as opposed to about $350+ as dealer.

Regarding the seats! My butt is still sore after driving from Virginia Beach to Caldwell NJ today. It felt so good to get into the comfortable seats in my 92 Caprice when my wife an I wnt out. Ahhhhhh If I could put my Chevy seats in my Lexus I would have the perfect car!