Anyone Have The Squeak Fixed With The Rear Privacy Screen

Dealer is telling me that the privacy screen squeaking is normal. I told them people on this forum have had it fixed. I have the screen stretched out over the cargo area. I'm assuming it shouldn't be squeaking over every bump. the bumpers are not against the back hatch as I know they squeak. It seems to have a squeak do to the tensioner. I'm getting a little aggravated wtih Lexus service, this is the biggest lexus dealer in the world and I feel like I'm dealing with Chevy.

also, they fixed my car from pulling to the right again for the second time in 2 months. Geez, don't they think this might be more of a problem or do they plan on aligning it every two months???

Ours squeaks so much I took it down completely :(

well if they have it in the car, it shouldn't squeak I would assume?

My dealer has "lined" the areas where the cover hooks into the hatch as well as where the cover attaches over the strut towers. It has helped, but I still have other rattles that are bothering me. By "lined", I mean the put down some adhesive backed felt onto the plastic surfaces that touch.

One of my rattles is comming from the front center area. Hard to say if its in the dash or the headliner because of the acousitcs from the windshield.

Another is coming from the center console between the seats. Light buzzing sound under amost ANY vibration.

Your rattles are unacceptable if you ask me. I have one near the drivers left ear. Only over a decent bump though, but it sounds like pebbles or something rattling. I think its from the seat belt tensioner. My privacy screen is squeaking like in the tension mechanism itself. When it goes over a bump, it moves a little and squeeks. I keep it fully extended over the back cargo area. I think they should replace it and I will have a long chat tomorrow night with them. This car is too pricey to rattle. My corvette convertible had less rattles and this thing is supposed to be quiet.

Ours squeaks so much I took it down completely :(

well if they have it in the car, it shouldn't squeak I would assume?

My dealer has "lined" the areas where the cover hooks into the hatch as well as where the cover attaches over the strut towers. It has helped, but I still have other rattles that are bothering me. By "lined", I mean the put down some adhesive backed felt onto the plastic surfaces that touch.

One of my rattles is comming from the front center area. Hard to say if its in the dash or the headliner because of the acousitcs from the windshield.

Another is coming from the center console between the seats. Light buzzing sound under amost ANY vibration.

Mine has had that squeak and been looked at a zillion times. The weird thing is it is worse when it is warm (I'm not hearing it now that it's 20 degrees) and when nobody sits in the back seat. I have adhesive felt pieces put in, etc. and last time the dealer said they were trying a new approach to the squeak. There is no proof that it comes from that cover! I probably won't bother them about it until it gets bad again.

Mine has had that squeak and been looked at a zillion times. The weird thing is it is worse when it is warm (I'm not hearing it now that it's 20 degrees) and when nobody sits in the back seat. I have adhesive felt pieces put in, etc. and last time the dealer said they were trying a new approach to the squeak. There is no proof that it comes from that cover! I probably won't bother them about it until it gets bad again.

Could you just be hearing the leather rubbing between the 3 backrest pieces of the back seat where they touch? I put a little Leatherique on the surfaces and cured it, but it had occurred first in warm weather.

mine is definately coming from the cover, I don't know about anyone elses. I have some other squeaks as well, but this is definately that cover making noise.

What do they say? "The squeeky Lexus gets the ...."

Shmear a little silicone grease or spray, or slimy leather spray ... what ever suits your fance. Boom. Your done. To the dealer that says, "that's normal" ... I'd say, "I think I'll write to customer service to coroborate weather this is normal. See if he (while pee'ing his pants) changes his/her tune.

mine is definately coming from the cover, I don't know about anyone elses. I have some other squeaks as well, but this is definately that cover making noise.

Shmear a little silicone grease or spray, or slimy leather spray ... what ever suits your fance. Boom. Your done. To the dealer that says, "that's normal" ... I'd say, "I think I'll write to customer service to coroborate weather this is normal. See if he (while pee'ing his pants) changes his/her tune.

HMMM.... I purchased a demo RX 400H and it didn't come with the cover and was looking to purchase one on ebay etc.... perhaps, knowing that the rear cargo cover is a poor design and / or a culprit to squeaking noises from the rear hatch I may just pass. My biggest pet peave is creaks, rattles, or any kind of noises from the inside passenger cabin.

Cheers,

MadloR

does lexus send those customer satisfaction surveys or whatever? i was thinking of going in there tonight and subtly mentioning that they won't be getting a good rating. I have to go back tonight to have the tech test drive it. Like that wouldn't have been a good idea when I was there dropping the car off?

my dealer has fixed every squeak i requested to be fixed, from the rear privacy cover problem to the hatch rattle on both sides of the rear quarter panel to the constant rattle that came from the bar in front of my sunroof. all they want is a rattle or squeak they can duplicate when they drive the car. sometimes rattles, that dont show up at the dealership, they dont fix. demand satisfaction from your dealer, or find a new one. it never hurts to tell them you belong to an online community that gets results from dealers that care, also you can call lexus corporate, and yes my dealer sends out a form after every service asking how the job was done, for standard lube work they call on the phone the next day.

I may be calling lexus corporate next as I'm getting quite aggravated. God help them if I'm standing there again for 15 minutes while they are helping customers that come in after me. This happened when I dropped the car off. I finally muttered under my breath that I was getting annoyed and the manager decided he should help me. Then of course he passed me off to someone else.

They thought that was the problem before. Applying leather conditioner would only help for a week. I tried, too, we also tried putting the armrest up/down, etc. and nothing helped. They've heard the sound, too but when it leaves the dealership the noise stops for a week or two and then surprise it comes back. Right now it isn't there (it's cold out) so I'll just wait until it returns. It's not like they're not trying. They offer to do anything but if several people hear something there's got to be a problem that Lexus should solve.

By the way, there are no other Lexus dealers closeby and this one is the nicest around (to the customer).

I would reserve calling Lexus corporate. I had called them years ago. That was a disaster. They give you lip service but then they had a japanese man (I'm not knocking the japanese) who couldn't really understand the problem in Engish and who insisted that it was a totally different problem!

well I picked up the car today. We took a test drive and the tech was young and understood my passion for cars and took the time to explain a few things to me. First off, the roof rack apparently is always loose on one side because of where the release latches are. of course that means it will always rattle :( He did tell me how to slide the stupid things out though so I might do that. The privacy screen. Said he would replace it for me if I want, but that its the fabric and the new one might not be any better. I'm gonna leave it closed for now and see if its better, obviously leaving it stretched open is not doing the job. I may have him replace the screen but figured I should check this one out throroughly before doing that. They seem to want to help unlike the Chevy dealership.