Gs300 2006 - Problems With Keyless Entry

My third GS300 (early 2006 model year) has proved rather disappointing, after the exceptional quality and very trouble free experience of my 1998 and 2002 cars.

The problems experienced concern the keyless entry electronics, very often the keyless entry fails to lock or unlock the vehicle. The diagnostic displayed on the instrument panel is "key is not reconized". I've returned the vehicle to the dealership for repair mutliple times, it has been off the road for some 18 days over the past 2 years. Many suggestions, batteries changed in the keys, control system re-flashed etc. The problem still occurs.

Have other GS2006 owners had similar problems? If so how was the problem resolved, if it was resolved?

After this experience I'm really looking forward to returning the vehicle to the dealership at the end of lease and letting some other unfortunate resolve the problem :censored:

Thanks.

Is your car tinted? Tinted cars sometimes face this problem, depending on the type of tint (tints that contain reflective pigments).

That's true, Some rear window tints contain metalics and raise hell with nav systems.

• 2 weeks later...