Radio Question

portsmouthva

hello my factory radio on my 91 ls 400 has not been working for about 3 months, so i removed it to see if i had current coming through the wires, so when i removed the radio, there were three plastic plug-in wire connections two white and one blue, so i test them with a 12v tester and only one of the white ones showed current, should all of them have juice if so how could this be fixed, or is it the radio itself..i have check both fues also. any suggestions thank you

hello my factory radio on my 91 ls 400 has not been working for about 3 months, so i removed it to see if i had current coming through the wires, so when i removed the radio, there were three plastic plug-in wire connections two white and one blue, so i test them with a 12v tester and only one of the white ones showed current, should all of them have juice if so how could this be fixed, or is it the radio itself..i have check both fues also. any suggestions thank you

Sounds like it could be the amp. Does the radio power up ?

no the radio doesnt come on at all thanks

99.9% your radio is dead. You could bring it in to a reputable radio shop and have it checked out. Are you sure you checked all the fuses ? I beleive there are 2 or 3 fuses in the audio system.

99.9% your radio is dead. You could bring it in to a reputable radio shop and have it checked out. Are you sure you checked all the fuses ? I beleive there are 2 or 3 fuses in the audio system.

yea i have check the fuse under the hood and the one located inside the car, if the radio is indeed the problem, will a radio from another ls work due to the anti-thief feature, or is it best to just get an aftermarket radio

yea i have check the fuse under the hood and the one located inside the car, if the radio is indeed the problem, will a radio from another ls work due to the anti-thief feature, or is it best to just get an aftermarket radio

Yes, Another LS radio will work. Let me know if you need one.