Need Help Fixing Car Back After Hurricane Katrina.

I have a 93 GS300 and im having all kinds of problems. Fist off my windows wont come down. The sunroof wont open and my seats wont go back or recline. If you have any suggestions on what is wrong I would be at your dept. Oh the last person that drove the car is my 5 feet 2 wife so the seat is stuck in a position that is undrivable to me . Is there anyway I can manually fix the seat before I get the electronics fixed. Thanks in advanced.

I have a 93 GS300 and im having all kinds of problems. Fist off my windows wont come down. The sunroof wont open and my seats wont go back or recline. If you have any suggestions on what is wrong I would be at your dept. Oh the last person that drove the car is my 5 feet 2 wife so the seat is stuck in a position that is undrivable to me . Is there anyway I can manually fix the seat before I get the electronics fixed. Thanks in advanced.

Have you checked all the fuses under the hood and in the dash?

What kind of shape was the car in before Hurricane Katrina damaged it? It sounds like you had major water-intrusion issues with the car (flooding, perhaps?). That probably accounts for the windows/sunroof issues, maybe the wiring harness is corroded or just getting wet.

The seat motors and seat tracks are a common issue with 1st-generation GS 300. Which is my way of saying that 90% of the seats don't change position. I've heard that "manually" adjusting the seats cases them to shake a little too much when driving, rather than stay in place when braking/cornering/accelerating. We don't adjust them manually in my shop for that reason; maybe someone knows a better way...my seat track is inoperative as well, even for me, it's a $1200 repair.

If the steering column and still tilt and telescope, I'd try to adjust the wheel to fit you as best as possible (hopefully you're not much more than 6' tall).

OT: My GS 300 survived Hurricane Wilma, although one window was blasted out and a few dents and scratches make the car look not-so-new. Even though a lot of water got in the car through the left-rear window, the electrics were and are still fine. Allstate and my shop made it right, though.