Good Buying Price For 2004-2005 Ls430's?

Moogy

Hey everyone, I'm in the market for a 2004-2005 LS430. I'm very familiar withe car, have driven a number of them, and am now just trying to find out what the "going price" for a private sale is.

I'm in the Phoenix, AZ area, and I'm currently looking at cars in states around me.

I want the modern luxury package (1 step below ultra luxury). What's a good mileage/cost car in a 04-05 model with this package?

My research has shown the median price of "mid luxury" LS430's to be:

Year Avg. Miles Avg. Price

2006 9,376 $55,500

2005 25,120 $44,934

2004 39,128 $43,170

Does this seem pretty accurate? Low? High? I extrapolated this information from Autotrader and Craigslist ads.

Is $45K for a 2004 with 23000 miles, Modern Lux and Sports (18" euro) in excellent condition good, or a little too much?

Note I'm dealing with west coast sales (I've noticed they seem to be higher than midwest and eastern).

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Check to see if the dealers have any 2006 LS 430's left, you can probably get one for nearly the 2006 used price you quoted. We paid only slightly more than that for our new one in Feb 2006, which had the Modern Luxury package, 18" wheels, mats & nets, plus all the normal stuff Lexus adds on.

Check to see if the dealers have any 2006 LS 430's left, you can probably get one for nearly the 2006 used price you quoted. We paid only slightly more than that for our new one in Feb 2006, which had the Modern Luxury package, 18" wheels, mats & nets, plus all the normal stuff Lexus adds on.

Actually I already got a 2004 LS430 Ultra with 46K miles for $35K. Amazing deal. Car arrives in a few days.

I must admit I am prety disappointed with these forums - I had 3 pages of responses on ClubLexus within 48 hours of my original post. It took nearly a week to get a single post here :(

Actually I already got a 2004 LS430 Ultra with 46K miles for $35K. Amazing deal. Car arrives in a few days.

I must admit I am prety disappointed with these forums - I had 3 pages of responses on ClubLexus within 48 hours of my original post. It took nearly a week to get a single post here :(

Cmon now, watch the foul language. :P

You have to understand that your question is really unanswerable. Prices vary greatly depending on where in the country you are, nobody's going to know what the average price is in your area unless they live there too. People on ClubLexus will just post meaningless opinions for the sake of posting, if nobody has anything helpful to say here they just won't say it.

Whichever type of environment works for you is what works for you.

You have to understand that your question is really unanswerable. Prices vary greatly depending on where in the country you are, nobody's going to know what the average price is in your area unless they live there too. People on ClubLexus will just post meaningless opinions for the sake of posting, if nobody has anything helpful to say here they just won't say it.

Actually, I got quite a bit of information on value and what's a "good deal"; as a matter of fact, I ended up buying a car posted by a member used as an example. In addition, I did research on the overall market and posted that information.

The question of what the going rates for LS430's is VERY answerable; it just takes a bit of time and research to provide details associated with source (dealer, private, wholesale), location, etc.

Actually, I got quite a bit of information on value and what's a "good deal"; as a matter of fact, I ended up buying a car posted by a member used as an example. In addition, I did research on the overall market and posted that information.

The question of what the going rates for LS430's is VERY answerable; it just takes a bit of time and research to provide details associated with source (dealer, private, wholesale), location, etc.

Hey Moogy it's sparky33 from ClubLexus! I think the reason you may not see as many posts over here is the fact you were looking for information on a LS430. For some reason 1990 LS400's are lumped in the same group as the 2006 LS430's, which are much different cars to say the least.

Moogy Also posted this over at Club Lex I think Moogy likes to see is name online, not to hard to go to Cars.com. This type of posting is why I don't bother with clublex anymore.

Moogy Also posted this over at Club Lex I think Moogy likes to see is name online, not to hard to go to Cars.com. This type of posting is why I don't bother with clublex anymore.

Wow - what a truly sad response. You're right, you don't belong at ClubLexus. People there are actually nice and helpful.

Note I'm driving a beautiful 2004 LS430 that I got at an amazing price (well below market) because of the great feedback provided by people on the ClubLexus forums. Sparky33 is just one of the cool guys who helped out.

Hi Sparky! :)

Thread closed.

Those who want to post at ClubLexus by all means do so. The two communities are different, why anyone would want them to be the same is beyond me...

We do ask, as do the managers of ClubLexus who we know well, if you're posting on CL don't promote or disparage the LOC, and if you're posting on the LOC don't promote or disparage CL. Our two sites are only interested in co-existing peacefully with each other.