New Tire Recommendations For 1996 Es300

golffnutt

You did not mention budget as one of your parameters, but I assume that would be a plus also. The Kuhmo ASX is a great tire at $49 each at Tire Rack.com; an ultra high performance all season category tire with an outstanding 420AA rating. Read some of their 1133 customer reviews (!) on this tire, comparative test results, and technical specs that performs far beyond it's cheapo price. You can spend a lot more for less tire, check out the 18 competitors reviews. If you have a Tire Kingdom/NTB outlet locally, they have a Tire Rack national account and can order this tire for you. You do pay sales tax this way, but get the convenient local outlet road hazard service rather than TR's if you like this option. Or you can just be like everyone else and go plunk down the most money for some name brand Eurotire and hope everyone is impressed by the sidewall branding when you are parked! I drive hard and have 30000+ miles on mine, getting another set when these Kuhmo's need refreshing. This is a comfortable, quiet tire which exceeds expectations for the price.

:cheers:

You did not mention budget as one of your parameters, but I assume that would be a plus also. The Kuhmo ASX is a great tire at $49 each at Tire Rack.com; an ultra high performance all season category tire with an outstanding 420AA rating. Read some of their 1133 customer reviews (!) on this tire, comparative test results, and technical specs that performs far beyond it's cheapo price. You can spend a lot more for less tire, check out the 18 competitors reviews. If you have a Tire Kingdom/NTB outlet locally, they have a Tire Rack national account and can order this tire for you. You do pay sales tax this way, but get the convenient local outlet road hazard service rather than TR's if you like this option. Or you can just be like everyone else and go plunk down the most money for some name brand Eurotire and hope everyone is impressed by the sidewall branding when you are parked! I drive hard and have 30000+ miles on mine, getting another set when these Kuhmo's need refreshing. This is a comfortable, quiet tire which exceeds expectations for the price.

SupraMan thank you for that informative list. I will take your suggestion and do some homework for sure on this tire. Have a great day.

Supraman thank you. As for price I would obviously like to stay under $100 per tire but am willing to consider higher if and only if there may be something out there that is head and shoulders above the rest. $125.00 max per tire though. I will definitely look into the Kuhmo for sure. Thank you.

Supraman thank you. As for price I would obviously like to stay under $100 per tire but am willing to consider higher if and only if there may be something out there that is head and shoulders above the rest. $125.00 max per tire though. I will definitely look into the Kuhmo for sure. Thank you.

92lex thank you, any other recommendations out there guys? Thanks.

:unsure:

Looking for new tire brand recommendations for my '96 ES300. My priority in tires is:

1) Quiet

2) Traction

3) Comfortable Ride

Thank you for your suggestions.

Golffnutt

I use and love Yokohama Avid V4S on my '95 ES with 16" wheels. They satisfy your criteria. Avoid Michelin Energy (expensive and poor traction) and Continental Conti Extreme Contact (flat spot badly). Check out TireRack.com.

Another nice all around tire for a good price is another Kumho product, the Kumho Solus KH16. I put a set of these on my 1999 ES300 and love the ride. They have been great in the rain and have even been decent in the snow.

I agree with the others that you don't need to spend a bundle on the trendy names to get a good tire. Good luck.

Another nice all around tire for a good price is another Kumho product, the Kumho Solus KH16. I put a set of these on my 1999 ES300 and love the ride. They have been great in the rain and have even been decent in the snow.

I agree with the others that you don't need to spend a bundle on the trendy names to get a good tire. Good luck.

Neb & Golf,

Check out the ASX vs. KH16 Kuhmo: the ASX is higher rated in all categoreies for just pennies more/tire. They are both overall value leaders, the ASX is just higher mileage and speed rated. The KH may indeed be a tad quieter, but not anything significant. You can't go wrong with either one!

Neb & Golf,

Check out the ASX vs. KH16 Kuhmo: the ASX is higher rated in all categoreies for just pennies more/tire. They are both overall value leaders, the ASX is just higher mileage and speed rated. The KH may indeed be a tad quieter, but not anything significant. You can't go wrong with either one!

Thanks guys I really appreciate the input. Have a great day.

:)