Detailed Rx400h

06RX400h

My mom just picked up an '06 RX400h, her dream car. I came home to detail it for her because 1) I'm a car fanatic and enjoy detailing and 2) I didn't want her taking it through a carwash.

Anyways, I drive a Nissan 350Z, so I don't know a whole lot about the Lexus yet, which is why I joined the forum. I think the color is Bamboo Pearl, it's got tan interior, navigation, backup camera, etc...

Here are the pics after a wash, clay, and polish w/ the porter cable.

DSCN1662.jpg

DSCN1663.jpg

DSCN1664.jpg

DSCN1665.jpg

DSCN1667.jpg

DSCN1666.jpg

I like this pic because you can see how the flake affects the way the paint looks.

DSCN1670.jpg

And...here's a pic of my car after a detail:

DSCN1408.jpg

Thanks for looking. Time for me to start reading up on the RX400h.

Nice looking vehicles, both.

How'd you get such uniform V-shaped vacuum cleaner marks on the Lex's cargo mat? :)

Thanks! I steam cleaned the carpet in the back so it was damp when I vacuumed it, causing the V-shaped marks.

Nice looking vehicles, both.

How'd you get such uniform V-shaped vacuum cleaner marks on the Lex's cargo mat? :)

Thanks! I steam cleaned the carpet in the back so it was damp when I vacuumed it, causing the V-shaped marks.

Both look nice!. Problem is Grey, silver and some whites most cannot understand the details(work behind it); nor do they show it. The Nissan 350Z looks wet. Try some 5050 wax on it and some ClearKote Quik Shine on her or FK425. POP baby!!!!

I know my wife out love these pictures of the RX. She wants one or an SLK. I said nope, dream on. Maybe in the future..... ;)

I am like you; I “enjoy detailing” and make some $$$ on the side. Problem is no time with other things to do.

Both look nice!. Problem is Grey, silver and some whites most cannot understand the details(work behind it); nor do they show it. The Nissan 350Z looks wet. Try some 5050 wax on it and some ClearKote Quik Shine on her or FK425. POP baby!!!!

I know my wife out love these pictures of the RX. She wants one or an SLK. I said nope, dream on. Maybe in the future..... ;)

I am like you; I “enjoy detailing” and make some $$$ on the side. Problem is no time with other things to do.

Yeah I know what you mean with the colors. I like detailing black cars as they are probably the easiest color to see the difference on. I wish I had more time to do it, but between 15 hours of class and working part-time I don't have a whole lot of spare time for detailing. My Z is always clean though :D

BTW, I really like the way the new SLK looks. Definitely can't go wrong w/ that or the RX if you decide to get your wife one in the future.

Where do you get those products you've suggested? I don't think I've heard of them.